Motor And Transmission Mounts

Zdeno

Hello averybody,

I would like to ask you guys if the somebody did replace the Trany and motor mounts and how hard is to do it ? I have 1991 LS400 with K167 and when I stop the car on lights or before parking I feel tigle,shake or how to say it. Not when the car go, just when stop. My guess is the Trany or motor mounts are bad (probably never been changed). I was finding the store where to buy them for less but found nothing. Everybody says - go to the dealer. If you guys think so, that the mounts are bad and know where to buy them I will appreciate your help. Thank you

i did mine and posted pics of it somewhere in the gallery. the motor mounts are a dealer item. changing the mounts invovles taking the rack and pinion off and using an engine hoist and a jack to raise the motor to take off the mounts. big work, not an avid skill job so be ready

JPI and I can help you purchase motor mounts and other OEM parts from the manufacturers bin and other sources. JPI may have cheaper prices than mine.

Also, instead of the dealer, I would recommend finding another shop who can do the work for you. Look in the yellow pages for Lexus/Toyota Specialty shops. They can be an asset in any case.

i did mine and posted pics of it somewhere in the gallery. the motor mounts are a dealer item. changing the mounts invovles taking the rack and pinion off and using an engine hoist and a jack to raise the motor to take off the mounts. big work, not an avid skill job so be ready

You don't have to take the rack and pinion off to replace the motor mounts. If you don't have access to a lift, this job will be hard and dangerous. Shoot me an email if you want to get a quote. We have the trans and motor mounts in stock.

JPI

well i did mine on the ground and well it involved me having to take the rack and pinion off to access the four bolts on each side, also i was rebuilding my rack so well i did it all at once. i guess you could access it from the wheel well.

OK thanks, first I ´ll replace just Trany mount (hope it is easly) and if it will not figure out the vibrate then I will do the motor mounts. THank you very much for advice.

JPI or UCF 3 please send me an info about price - zdenekg@hotmail.com Thank you very much !

OK thanks, first I ´ll replace just Trany mount (hope it is easly) and if it will not figure out the vibrate then I will do the motor mounts. THank you very much for advice.

JPI or UCF 3 please send me an info about price - zdenekg@hotmail.com Thank you very much !

Check your email. I sent you a quote on parts. If you Motor mounts are going out, your transmission mount will too.

JPi