Believe I Have Solved The Flaky Power Window Issue!

Hadyourphil

I've had ongoing issues with the driver's side window going up when it's supposed to go down, down when it's supposed to go up, or not moving. I removed the power window switch (there's a clip under where the lock/unlock button is), unplugged the assembly and took it apart. The four small Phillips head screws holding the light-covered cover are the ones you remove. Then, you'll see the circuit board. There are two relays on that board. The larger one is in the driver's side window circuit. It is marked CR2-12v. That's the culprit. After much searching, I found it on line. I replaced the one in my 170,000 mile '01 RX-300, reassembled everything and the window now works perfectly. Finally!!

BTW, I bought two relays if anyone needs one and can't find it on their own.

What a PITA that window has been...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I've had ongoing issues with the driver's side window going up when it's supposed to go down, down when it's supposed to go up, or not moving. I removed the power window switch (there's a clip under where the lock/unlock button is), unplugged the assembly and took it apart. The four small Phillips head screws holding the light-covered cover are the ones you remove. Then, you'll see the circuit board. There are two relays on that board. The larger one is in the driver's side window circuit. It is marked CR2-12v. That's the culprit. After much searching, I found it on line. I replaced the one in my 170,000 mile '01 RX-300, reassembled everything and the window now works perfectly. Finally!!

BTW, I bought two relays if anyone needs one and can't find it on their own.

What a PITA that window has been...

Sorry to drudge up an old post.

Can confirm this fixes the window switch problem. Ordered two of these relays from a company in Hong Kong. De-soldered the old relay, cleaned up the points, then soldered the new relay in. Works like a champ now.

• 9 months later...

I need a relay, if by any chance you still have one left! I have searched everywhere to locate a reasonably priced used switch and to no avail. This is the first I have heard of the relay. Thanks for the info. If you don't have the relay, could you please send the info that I would need to get one ? 2001-RX 170k also! If you have any info on the electronic locks. Mine only work when they feel like it. Much appreciated. maryhadit from Boca, Fl

• 1 month later...

As I was recently emailed about this, I thought I would update it. The CR2-12V relays don't appear to be manufactured any more, but they are available. Here's one place:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/CR2-12V-NAIS-TWIN-POWER-AUTOMOTIVE-RELAY/32235941300.html#!

It is a Panasonic part, and if you search CR2-12V, you'll get many leads.

• 10 months later...

Hi I know this is an old thread but I just found it today. I've been looking for a CR2-12V relay to repair  my power windows in my Lexus RX300 for several months. The sites in China no longer stock the part. Twice I placed an order and was notified a couple of weeks later they no longer had the part. If anyone has an extra relay they would sell or knows where I can buy one I'd be forever grateful.

Thanks much,

Doug

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys

just a question :

would one of you have one CR2-12V TWIN POWER SILENT AUTOMOTIVE RELAY for sale - kindly send a PN

or will i find/ need the same relay on both sides of the doors ? or is driver and passenger relays different?

many thanks

Roland  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi I know this is an old thread but I just found it today. I've been looking for a CR2-12V relay to repair  my power windows in my Lexus RX300 for several months. The sites in China no longer stock the part. Twice I placed an order and was notified a couple of weeks later they no longer had the part. If anyone has an extra relay they would sell or knows where I can buy one I'd be forever grateful.

Thanks much,

Doug

Did you ever find one?