Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

00 Gs300 Interior Lights, Radio, And Clock Not Working.

A friend of mine attempted to jump my dead car but crossed the negative and positive wires. I had to take it to the shop where the changed the PCM relay. Well when I got the car back the interior lights, radio, and clock did not work. I sent the car back to the shop and the guy working on my car stated that he checked every fuse and couldn't figure it out. I don't have the money to take it to the dealership because I just lost my job, so any help or ideas will help me tremendously.

Thanks

I found a post similar to yours. Keep in mind that although a fuse seems to be OK, it still may be faulty, so replace them by new ones to be sure.

"Question

I blew a bunch of fuses trying to jumpstart my 98 GS300. Yes, I was an idiot and crossed the leads.

It was actually at the shop getting a new O2 Sensor due to check engine light. They replaced the 120A Fusable Link, the EFI, ECU B, MPX-B, ALT and Clock fuse.

So all the fuses "look" good now, but the following things have no power:

- Interior lights

- Radio

- Clock

- Remote door locks

The guy at the shop said he checked all the fuses and couldn't find anything obvious. I brought it home now.

Any ideas of things to check next? There's also a 30A fuse on the ETCS circuit (looks like it should be a 15A - not sure who put that there as I'm the 4th owner)

Answer

Sounds like they checked the fuses in the engine bay, but didn't go through the cabin fuses. Where the driver's left knee on the dash is, there's a panel that covers that particular fuse box. That's where the named sub-systems get their power.

Check the DOME fuse & RADIO fuse".

• 10 years later...

I literally had the exact same thing happen to me I wasn’t sure what the problem was because I had to replace the ignition fuse (inside the driver side panel) along with several fuses in the fuse box under the hood passenger side that got my engine to finally start up but my clock, door lights, and head unit were not working at all I didn’t even realize there was a whole other fuse Panel on the inside passenger side until I read this and saw the comment about checking the dome fuse and that’s exactly where it was and it was blown and that was the issue! Appreciate the help everyone