Synthetic Oil For A 2010 Gs 350?

My Lexus dealer says the GS350 should not run on Synthetic oil. I don't get it. This same motor in other Lexus' and Toyotas can run on synthetic oil.

Do you use Synthetic oil in your 300/350? Any reason you can think of why it should not use Synthetic oil.

ALL of my cars and bikes have run on Synthetic with ZERO problems to date.

Anybody else come across the same issue?

Thanks

Hello!

I have 2006 GS300(awd) for almost 2 year now,and always use Mobil-1 Synthetic oil(15000 Extended Performance) on this car. No problem! Have no idea why you can't use this kind of oil on your car. May be your dealership want for you to come back and put Genuine Toyota oil?

• 1 month later...

Synthetic is fine. I have been running it in my GS for over 3 years now.

I also ran it in my 2002 ES for 100k miles with no problems.

Question the dealer as to why they say that since Toyota/Lexus is even starting to ship with synthetic as factory oil.

steviej

• 2 months later...

Don't believe what the dealer said. I've been using synthetic oil in my Harleys as well as two Lexus' with no issues. In fact, it will help extend the life of your engine and help increase your MPG as well. I've been putting Amsoil in all of my vehicles now for almost ten years. They now have premium oil that's good for up to 35,000 miles! But, I normally change my oil after about 15,000 and no issues found! Synthetic is the way to go!

My Lexus dealer says the GS350 should not run on Synthetic oil. I don't get it. This same motor in other Lexus' and Toyotas can run on synthetic oil.

Do you use Synthetic oil in your 300/350? Any reason you can think of why it should not use Synthetic oil.

ALL of my cars and bikes have run on Synthetic with ZERO problems to date.

Anybody else come across the same issue?

Thanks

I have never used synthetic, and don't know much about it. Why do you want to use it?

Thanks,

Paul

I have never used synthetic, and don't know much about it. Why do you want to use it?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul...because it's better...of course... :chairshot: (only kidding around with you)

I also use synthetic amsoil in my BMW...Redline...in my Harley...and whatever the synthetic oil Toyota uses in my GX... I used to use Amsoil in my RX330.

(This info below is from Wikipedia) These are all of the reasons that I started and continue to use. To many reasons for me to think of this morning why I use it! :lol: :)

The technical advantages of synthetic motor oils include:[citation needed]

Measurably better low and high temperature viscosity performance - this I see proof in my Harley!

Better chemical & shear stability

Decreased evaporative loss

Resistance to oxidation, thermal breakdown and oil sludge problems

Extended drain intervals with the environmental benefit of less oil waste.

Improved fuel economy in certain engine configurations.

Better lubrication on cold starts

Longer engine life

Thanks,

Paul

Paul...because it's better...of course... :chairshot: (only kidding around with you)

I also use synthetic amsoil in my BMW...Redline...in my Harley...and whatever the synthetic oil Toyota uses in my GX... I used to use Amsoil in my RX330.

(This info below is from Wikipedia) These are all of the reasons that I started and continue to use. To many reasons for me to think of this morning why I use it! :lol: :)

The technical advantages of synthetic motor oils include:[citation needed]

Measurably better low and high temperature viscosity performance - this I see proof in my Harley!

Better chemical & shear stability

Decreased evaporative loss

Resistance to oxidation, thermal breakdown and oil sludge problems

Extended drain intervals with the environmental benefit of less oil waste.

Improved fuel economy in certain engine configurations.

Better lubrication on cold starts

Longer engine life

OK...who's writing your material Lexir...or maye that's the problem, you need to HIRE someone! LOL HA..I love the humor!

Thank you for all the info. on the synthetic. I had no idea there was some many benefits. One question. On my 2010 ES, When it comes time for my 5k oil change and I put in synthetic, will I run the risk of voiding the warranty if I run past the recommended interval for the next oil change since the synthetic doesn't need to be changed until latter?

Paul

Thank you for all the info. on the synthetic. I had no idea there was some many benefits. One question. On my 2010 ES, When it comes time for my 5k oil change and I put in synthetic, will I run the risk of voiding the warranty if I run past the recommended interval for the next oil change since the synthetic doesn't need to be changed until latter?

Paul

I don't think it would void the warranty. But I keep to the factory scheduled services actually change the oil before it needs it. The BMW is every 10k or 1 year. Harley is 5k or every year. Now the GX is also every 10k and I did get it changed at 4k already. I will let it go to 8k after 10k mile service. I may be wrong but I think SW has put synthetic in his already. Maybe he will chime in regarding the warranty. :cheers:

running synthetic oil in your GS is perfectly fine. Altering the "suggested" change interval is up to you and may cause problems if you experienced problems under warranty. You may find the dealership trying to use the extended interval as a way of getting out of having to perform the work.

However, you will not void the warranty if you use synthetic oil that is rated to the mininum required ILSAC grade (listed in your owners manual) and follow your recommended interval (oil and filter every 5k miles).

steviej

PS, I have been running synthetic in this GS and my previous ES since I got them....no problems.

Either would be better. I like amsoil but mobile one is fine too. I think the studies give amsoil a little better rating..but I will be careful here this is like asking what is the best wax or the best gas to buy. I know for my Harley everone swears by redline... I use amsoil for the BMW because the Indy garage I go to sells it and the Lexus I will let Toyota use their syn fluids in.

Either would be better. I like amsoil but mobile one is fine too. I think the studies give amsoil a little better rating..but I will be careful here this is like asking what is the best wax or the best gas to buy. I know for my Harley everone swears by redline... I use amsoil for the BMW because the Indy garage I go to sells it and the Lexus I will let Toyota use their syn fluids in.

Thank you very much Lexir. Your the man!

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Some have mentioned Amsoil, others Mobil One. Any thoughts?

Paul

I use Mobil 1 simply because it is available in every autoparts store. In addition, WalMart carries the 5qt jug at the best price of anyplace. Amsoil is no where near that available.

steviej

Paul

I use Mobil 1 simply because it is available in every autoparts store. In addition, WalMart carries the 5qt jug at the best price of anyplace. Amsoil is no where near that available.

steviej

This is very true...

If my guy that is right down the street didn't stock amsoil I wouldn't use it in the BMW. However Redline which I also have to order for my Harley is hard to find...but I still use it because IMHO and many other Harley riders it is the BEST! I always have enough top off fluid left over so it isn't a big deal...just is a pain to order it vs. going to WALLYWORLD and buying it! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

You can order Amsoil on-line, and you don't need to buy it from a dealer. You can join as a preferred member for $20 a year, and it will give about 20% discount on all products. I have been using Amsoil now for over ten years, and recommend it highly. I've used Mobil 1 before in my 4-Runner and it didn't perform as well as Amsoil!

I have just gotten and oil change done last Friday on my 2008 GS350, and wow! The engine runs smoother with increase in acceleration! Can't wait to see an increase in mileage as well. It may take about two tankfuls to see the increase.

Paul

steviej

This is very true...

If my guy that is right down the street didn't stock amsoil I wouldn't use it in the BMW. However Redline which I also have to order for my Harley is hard to find...but I still use it because IMHO and many other Harley riders it is the BEST! I always have enough top off fluid left over so it isn't a big deal...just is a pain to order it vs. going to WALLYWORLD and buying it! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I have grown lazy and take the car to the dealer every 5K for a 60.00 oil change. But, the car is under extended warranty and I don't want to screw that up. They claim the lexus oil is a blended synthetic. I would much rather use an extended interval fully syn oil and even do that myself if I must but, I think that would just give them a way out if I had any engine problems.

I have grown lazy and take the car to the dealer every 5K for a 60.00 oil change. But, the car is under extended warranty and I don't want to screw that up. They claim the lexus oil is a blended synthetic. I would much rather use an extended interval fully syn oil and even do that myself if I must but, I think that would just give them a way out if I had any engine problems.

My dealer also uses a blend of syn/oil, but will gladly put in any oil or synthetic you want to bring in. I'm due for my first 5,000 mile service, when at such time I will start using Mobil 1.

Paul

• 3 months later...

I have been using Amsoil in my 08 Lexus since the first oil change. No problems. The dealer uses Mobil 1 if I'm not mistaken.

Do you remember what they charge for an oil change using the Mobil-1? Also, what is your location....that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul

steviej

Same here... Can't beat Walmart's price on oil... I do also like Castrol Edge.