Trailer Hitch Installation

I just posted some pretty detailed instructions for installing a trailer hitch on an 07 400H in the Hybrid Forum. I think the procedure is the same for the RX 350 and probably the RX 330. See the description under the heading "Trailer Hitch for 400H".

In short, I saved $370 by installing a Toyota Highlander hitch instead of the Lexus one. As far as I can tell it is exactly the same except for the price. I then posted some instructions about how to remove the rear cargo area deck so that you can attach the wiring. My 400H had the trailer wiring harness under the deck, so if your rig does not have the trailer package, you will have to follow some other procedure to connect the wires.

Cheers,

Tom

I just posted some pretty detailed instructions for installing a trailer hitch on an 07 400H in the Hybrid Forum. I think the procedure is the same for the RX 350 and probably the RX 330. See the description under the heading "Trailer Hitch for 400H".

In short, I saved $370 by installing a Toyota Highlander hitch instead of the Lexus one. As far as I can tell it is exactly the same except for the price. I then posted some instructions about how to remove the rear cargo area deck so that you can attach the wiring. My 400H had the trailer wiring harness under the deck, so if your rig does not have the trailer package, you will have to follow some other procedure to connect the wires.

Cheers,

Tom

Been there, done that. Maybe you can compare the two procedures and come up with the differences.

RX 350 Hitch Install