Front Seat Upholstery Worn Through

Studancer

I'm in San Francisco and am the 2nd owner of a 1994 LS 400 and the upholstery has suddenly worn through in a couple of spots. The leather is a kind of dark putty color and the exterior paint is kind of a champagne. Everything about this car is cherry and it runs perfectly but it seems like the upholstery all of a sudden just gave out. I was thinking of reupholstering but the bids came in starting at $500.00 per seat. Is there a source to buy used seats anyone knows of? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

post-63463-12842289625_thumb.jpg

There should be several auto upholstery shops in San Francisco who can replace the worn leather panels for a reasonable ($150- $250) cost. Maybe you could replace with leatherette rather than real leather and save some money, but real cost is in the labor. I've replaced the driver's side seat back bolster (vertical panel nearest door) in my 1998 LS400 twice for $150 - $250 with real leather in closely matched color (since original has changed color over years of dirt & fading.)