Purchased 95 Ls Today!

skyview

I purchased my first Lexus LS today from a private owner. The 112 mile ride home was sweet! Set the cruise at 75 and enjoyed the bright sunny day. According to my calculations, I am getting 28 MPG.

I did notice wind noise coming from the passenger's side. Could it be a door seal?

Presently, there is a fowl owder in the car similiar to oven cleaner. Could this be a filter that needs to be replaced.

I would like to thank the members of this forum for the wealth of information that you have given me during my search for a LS.

Thanks In Advance

Skyview

concrats on your purchase and welcome to the club of lexus owners!!!!:)

yeah there should be no wind noise whatsoever at any speed. check all the door seals.

to check the cabin ari filter you have to open the glove compartment and remove a lil plastic black cover. after that you will see a probably white cover almost same thise as that black cover. it is almost sealed to the container with the cabin filter. take the cover out and you will see the filter. pull it out slowly since it might be really dirty. clean it the the compressed air container that is available at any store. if it will not help you will have to spend 56$ for the new filter:)

WELCOME THE CLUB of big repair $$ B)

I would like to thank the members of this forum for the wealth of information that you have given me during my search for a LS.

Thanks In Advance

Skyview

Congrats to another LS owner!

Show us some picks if you can, we'd love to see the beast :lol:

Be sure to put the year and milage in your signature and keep us up to date on the joys (perils?) of LS ownership!

PS: did you get a good deal?

If i recall- there is no wind noise in my 90 LS400 and the 95 LS400 should be just as quiet. I am guessing a bad door seal over there. Check it closely.

I have a piece of a weather stripping seal missing on the front corner of the left rear door on my car. I cannot hear anything though- as the doors are double sealed.

I am really impressed when I go to the car wash and no water leaks in the car. I cannot say the same of my 92' Buick (rear window leaks, with the high pressure spray), my 89' Pontiac (leaks, leaks, and more leaks- but these cars are well known for seals drying out fast). I think my Taurus is still leak free though, but it is 6 years old though. The Lexus is 14 years old. I have never known any of my old Camrys or Accords having window leaks. Pretty impressive.