Front License Plate

wh2

The front license plate on my 2010 RX 350 keeps getting bent up at the bottom at car washes. The mounting surface allows the plate to be attached via 2 screws at the top. The surface provides backing for only the top 2/3 of my NJ plate, thus I can't use the 2 lower edge mounting screws. Other vehicles I've had came with full plate backing, and car washes never caused a problem.. I think this is a poor design. Have any of you who have req'd front license plates experienced this bending, and/or have any fixes?

Go to PepBoys or any auto store and you can buy a license plate frame with a metal back plate. Its sold in one package together. about $20.00 You can purchase new screws with bolts to secure your plate at the bottom. If you do this you woun't ever have a bent plate. I have it on my 450H. It works perfect and looks great.

Go to PepBoys or any auto store and you can buy a license plate frame with a metal back plate. Its sold in one package together. about $20.00 You can purchase new screws with bolts to secure your plate at the bottom. If you do this you woun't ever have a bent plate. I have it on my 450H. It works perfect and looks great.

Good idea! You might also keep your eyes open for a new car wash :)