Radio Problem

Lmonroe

My Mark Levinson radio has a problem. I set the station to 88.3 FM and all is well. Within a few minutes the station changes and continue to change until I hit the button to the 1st preset button. Why is it doing this? I did not hit scan or seek... thanks for your help.

Hmm, that's odd... Have you ever spilled anything on the steering wheel radio controls or on the radio? Any sticky liquids could be causing the buttons to stick (but i doubt it).

How frequently does this happen?

My Mark Levinson radio has a problem. I set the station to 88.3 FM and all is well. Within a few minutes the station changes and continue to change until I hit the button to the 1st preset button. Why is it doing this? I did not hit scan or seek... thanks for your help.

Just another off the wall idea...do you have the RSE? If you have the remote it could be hitting something and causing the station to change. It is unlikely but just another guess.

A couple of things. It sounds as if the tuner is stuck in the Scan mode and repeating a loop. Does this happen in all modes; i.e. A.M., SAT, F.M.,? Does it do it even after you power down the radio and turn it back on? If it does it in all modes and if it does it every time you turn it on, you could try the following:

This sounds drastic, but is is a trick that is used by late model Volvo's to reset systems/reboot. Unhook the negative battery cable from the battery of your car and wait for about 5 minutes or so. This should be enough time to allow the power to drain from the ML unit. Make sure the ML is turned off before you do this or reconnect the negative battery cable. Put the cable on quickly and firmly to avoid as few sparks as possible.

Yes you will lose presets, clock settings, seat memory settings, etc.

This may help, it may not. Unless your handy and have knowledge of cars and electronics I would not try this on your own. Also you didn't mention the model or year of your Lexus. Is it still in warranty? If out of warranty, my best advice would be to first take it to a reputable car audio shop.

Paul