Touch Up Paint

I just bought some touch up paint pens for my 2006 IS350. It's the metalic white color. The Lexus dealer gave me one pen #040 and one #062 with verbal instructions "the instructions are on the pens". Both say apply and wait to dry. It does not say apply one, wait then the other and in what order. I'm assuming the 040 is the white and the 062 is the clear coat, but since both say the same, I wonder if I have the correct pens. Anyone run into this situation? I'm trying to touch up stone chips in the front bumper and hood. Any info is appreciated.

One is the base coat (solid white) and the other is the metallic effect (pearl). Open both and figure out which one is the "solid" white and which is the "metallic" white.

Apply the one that's solid white, let dry a little, and apply the one that has a bit of metallic in it. There is probably a little clear mixed into the second one...

It's supposed to be that way, don't worry. <_<

Leahy,

Actually the 'pens' have brushes also. On the outside it a pointy metal tip, but if your screw off the top, inside is a brush. I may be ignorant about my new Lexus paint colors, but I will tell you that from past cars, I had better luck using a toothpick for touching up stone chips. You can control the application better. Simply wet the end of the toothpick with paint, just wet, not a drop. Then fill the chip. Don't paint back and forth, just let the paint fill the hole where the stone chipped the paint. You may need to go back a few times to fill the chip completely with paint especially for those bigger chips.

The brushes tend to be stiff and hard to control ending up with more paint around the chip than in the chip. The pens have a metal point that is suppose to transfer the paint to the chip just like the toothpick, but when the toothpick gets 'yucky' (<--technical word), you can throw away the tootpick and get a new one. The metal tip can be hard to control flow. Give the toothpick it a try.