Getting Spare Keys

scampbell

You can have a local locksmith cut the blades for you (as long as you've got one they can copy from) but the programming is a different story. The old style keys (for the LS400) can be programmed yourself, but the newer smart keys cannot...

I'd just get them both cut and programmed from the dealer. The blades are cut at the factory with the best cutting machines...

Not sure in States whether on not some one can make you car key. Try some locksmith, might be able to do it. Here in Toronto, I made my RX300 key from a guy in Dollar Store (near Finch and Weston, west end of Toronto), very professional guy and made my RX300 key much cheaper than dealers.

J Bush

• 1 month later...

I bought smart keys (master and valet) from Sewell Lexus and had them cut both to my car by VIN number, which worked perfectly. I had to have my local dealer program the smart keys to my car at what I considered to be a nominal cost of $35. Great peace of mind to know that I now have extra key set.