Replacement Seat Covers

JimLeslie

I have a 1995 Lexus LS400 and my front seat covers are just wearing out. I'd like to ask the forum members the following questions:

1) Are the seats in 1996/1997/1998 LS400's the same as in 1995's?

2) Can anyone make a recommendation regarding high quality replacement OEM covers that will look like the originals?

3) Can anyone make a recommendation regarding high quality seat covers (i.e. sheepskin) with will work temporarily in the event that the OEM seat covers prove prohibitively expensive?

4) Can anyone make a recommendation where I might look for replacement used front seats that are in good condition?

Any help would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you!

Jim

j_leslie99@yahoo.com

Seats should be the same up to 2000, but have different options and therefore different plugs for the electrical. Verify that first though.

Katskinz leather upholstery is a better than OE replacement, but they're sold in kits so you'd need to buy and redo all the seats for a match. OE covers are incredibly expensive but I have seen one or two through the years on ebay being sold cheaper by a dealer or someone else.

Finally, a local upholstery place may can do a patch/repair or just replace the damaged covers for a fair price, I had a customer that did his SC400 front seats in a leatherette material, similar to high grade vinyl, for $300, that's far cheaper than leather anywhere.