1995 Sc300 Trac Off, Check Engine Light On

My SC300 has about 165,000 miles. Last week while driving the check engine light would turn on and the Trac off light would turn on. Both stayed on for about 5 minutes then turned off, and that happened about 2 times that week. Recently I was driving and both lights came back on and this time has stayed on. Has anyone ever encountered this problem? The car seems to drive normal, does not feel any different. Any help would be appreciated.

Check to see if there are any stored problem codes. It's routine for the TRAC/VSC warning light to come on with the CEL. A number of problems can cause these warning lights so it's pointless to speculate.

What model year? Consider putting your model year in with your Car Model in your profile -- i.e 199x SC300. Problems that effect early models don't effect the later ones and vice versa.

Check to see if there are any stored problem codes. It's routine for the TRAC/VSC warning light to come on with the CEL. A number of problems can cause these warning lights so it's pointless to speculate.

What model year? Consider putting your model year in with your Car Model in your profile -- i.e 199x SC300. Problems that effect early models don't effect the later ones and vice versa.

The model year is in the title of the topic. I went to a mechanic to have it diagnosed, its the EGR valve thats causing the CEL.

Hi it happens to mine before it turns out to be oxygen sensor the funny thing was i have to guess which sensor was bad so i replace the front sensors and they gone now could be different so what i suggest is run diagonosis test first that way you will know.