Nanny Override

I'm aware that Lexus has intentionally disabled various nav menu functions when the car is in motion, but just discovered on my RX450h that this includes the ability to scroll through list pages of USB files/folders. Annoying to say the least when you have many folders on a flash memory and don't want to pull over to scroll down the list. Imagine having to do this while on the freeway. Yes, you can go folder by folder using the 'change disc' button, but this is very cumbersome when you have a lot of folders.

Is there any way to override this menu function disabling?

You can scroll through the USB files on my 2010 ES when moving.

Highly dangerous IMHO. Imagine having to stop on the Freeway?!? Imagine scrolling through and browsing for music when driving a car down the freeway at 80MPH? THATS dangerous.

You can scroll through the USB files on my 2010 ES when moving.

Highly dangerous IMHO. Imagine having to stop on the Freeway?!? Imagine scrolling through and browsing for music when driving a car down the freeway at 80MPH? THATS dangerous.

All we're talking about here is the ability to go to additional list pages - applies really to whether it's a list of songs, POI's, etc.

Also, Lexus (sales people) advertise that the click disabled functions while moving are available via voice command (RX450h here), yet I cannot find a 'scroll' or 'next page' voice command. Anyone know of one?

Related, I cannot access my address book with voice command, though POI's, eDestination, etc. are available. Can't see why Address Book wouldn't be available yet the other destination sources are. Have others found this to be the case with their RX450h?

You mean you cannot get to the address book screen? The address book is locked out when moving.

You can call individual contacts with the voice command, you just have to record the name you are calling them under. I didn't bother to do this as the 18 #s in the speed dial work okay for me, and I can use the voice dialing on my BlackBerry to call anybody else.