Bluetooth Delay When Calling Via Phone..

My old phone was a Samsung Instinct and the Bluetooth worked flawlessly.

I just bought a new phone - the HTC Legend. This phone connects to the Lexus with no problem and receives incoming calls with no problems.

If I dial out using the keypad in the NAV screen, it connects immediately and I get sound of ringing immediately through the car speakers. This is great, but only works when the car is parked/stopped.

However, if I dial out using the phone keypad, it connects immediately, but I don't get any sound over the speakers (nor can the person I'm calling hear me) for 5-10 seconds - long enough for the other person to say 'Hello...hello....hello', and then hang up since they can't hear anything (and I can't hear them saying hello..hello..hello either).

Anyone have this problem, or know of a solution, short of replacing the HTC with a newer Samsung (and hoping it works), or paying $300 + for a Prestigious Society override thingy.

• 3 weeks later...

The Android operating system does not have very good Bluetooth integration. My wife has an HTC Eris and has all kinds of problems with its integration into the Bluetooth in the Prius (we haven't even tried it in the Lexus yet). My Blackberry Tour works great...