No Spoiler With Panoramic Roof On 2010 Es350

Bessie E. Essie

After having had a deal hammered out with the dealership for 2 days on an ES350 with Ultra Luxury and Mark Levinson packages; the salesman calls me today and tells me that the spoiler I wanted cannot be installed because the glass roof necessitates the moving of the Safety Connect/Enform antenna button. Unfortunately Lexus relocated it on the back edge of the rear deck, ironically, where a spoiler would be installed. Needless to say that I'm not very thrilled! First of all, the dealership (especially the GSM with whom I dealt) should have known his product better and told me at the outset that the spoiler couldn't be installed. Second, no where, in any brochure or official Lexus literature have I been able to find that a spoiler can't be used with the Luxury Package. I can't believe that Lexus would drop the ball in this situation. I mean it would only make sense that if someone was going to upgrade to the sportier package with the panoramic roof that they would think that those same customers may want a spoiler also. Even a spoiler with a slight design variance like a cut out so as fit around the antenna button would have been something that they should have thought about. I have to drive 200 miles to pick up the vehicle on Monday (Labor Day).

Not Happy At All! :angry:

The spoiler is a very unpopular option, and its a carryover from 07-09 when there was no exterior antenna.

Have you driven an ES? If you want something sporty this isn't exactly the right car.

Hey Steve. Thanks for the response. Yes, I drove an ES at Hendrick in Charlotte last week and I loved it. I was all set to get an Avalon LTD until I drove the ES. That coupled with the incredible incentives that I got on the ES with the upgraded packages, made the choice a no brainer. I'm almost 50, but I just couldn't see myself in grandpa's Avalon just yet. Hendrick had an ES on the showroom floor with a spoiler on it and I really loved it. I'm glad the option is "very unpopular". That means there won't be a whole lot out there like mine! :)

The only time an exterior antenna is in the way is on a car equipped with the UL package, correct? And those are fairly rare, are the not? I know a spoiler surely isn't going to make the car drive any sportier, but I do like the way they look. It's an aesthetic thing with me. Oh well. To each his own.

The spoiler is a very unpopular option, and its a carryover from 07-09 when there was no exterior antenna.

Have you driven an ES? If you want something sporty this isn't exactly the right car.

Hey Steve. Thanks for the response. Yes, I drove an ES at Hendrick in Charlotte last week and I loved it. I was all set to get an Avalon LTD until I drove the ES. That coupled with the incredible incentives that I got on the ES with the upgraded packages, made the choice a no brainer. I'm almost 50, but I just couldn't see myself in grandpa's Avalon just yet. Hendrick had an ES on the showroom floor with a spoiler on it and I really loved it. I'm glad the option is "very unpopular". That means there won't be a whole lot out there like mine! :)

The only time an exterior antenna is in the way is on a car equipped with the UL package, correct? And those are fairly rare, are the not? I know a spoiler surely isn't going to make the car drive any sportier, but I do like the way they look. It's an aesthetic thing with me. Oh well. To each his own.

A person wants what they want and when you pay the kind of dollars it takes to fully load a Lexus it seems like you should be able to get it. But it really isn't a Lexus issue, it's a product of the shift in price point packaging the auto industry has evolved over the last several years. Remember when you went through the list of options on the old Buick and like a Chinese menu you picked some, crossed off some, and finally added them all to the base price and then haggled. Then in order to simplify and reduce production cost of manufacturing, the car companies eliminated the boutique type of ordering and instead, lumped many former options together as standard features and raised the base price while eliminating the "option" part of buying that new car.

When I bought my 2010 ES the UL package on the floor also had a spoiler. I didn't think it fit with the overall look of the body styling, but then I didn't like the black roof contrast either. All car companies I looked at priced their packages the same way and it's not a surprise you can't buy the spoiler separately to fit.

Paul

I took delivery of my new 2010 ES350 today, and you were right Steve. A spoiler would screw up the looks of this car. It is a stunning head turner. Tungsten Pearl, UL w/ Levinson. On a side bar, the dealership was Johnson in Durham NC. The salesman took me on a tour and I could not believe the service area. It looked as big a football field and it was absolutely spotless! Cars up on lifts and yellow brick floor underneath and not a speck of dirt, grease, anything to be seen anywhere. Not a tool in sight. All of the tool boxes looked like they just came out of their packing. Amazing!

Take care and have a great day!

Congrats! Yeah the UL is the only model with the antenna on the decklid, mine is not a UL and I have a shark-fin antenna on the roof.

Thats a sharp one, the Tungsten really shows off the panoramic roof!