What Happened With Lexus Company?

Hello

I'm shocked what happened with Lexus company. They change mind 3 times in 1 month on their pages. First they add new package D($6,861) with ML for 2010 year models(I order that package), after few days they change all packages(cheaper and removed some things and no more ML) - oka so I ordered D + ML as option. Now is no more 2010 but 2011 with 4 packages A,B,C,D and as usual D is max with ML, but... BUT it offer only navigation + ML for $3,905, okay rest I'll buy as option,no problem: bi-xenon with AFS,power tilt steering column, power rear sunshade etc..

After opening PDF with all features I see:

1.Premium Package Value Edition - $640

2.Luxury Plus Value Edition - $1,760

3.Luxury Plus Value Edition with 18-in wheels - $2,590

4.Sport Package Value Edition - $3,410

I thought that every package include all things from previous package like package 2=package 1 + more things, 3=2 + more things etc. but no!.

For example option package 2.Luxury Plus Value Edition - $1760 have heated & ventilated front seats but 3.Luxury Plus Value Edition with 18-in wheels - $2,590 only ventilated front seats. So for 830 usd (2,590 - 1,760 = 830) I get 18-in rims but they remove me heating from seats ??!?! o_O. Oka so maybe next option package 4 for $3,410? I get back heated seats and bi-xenon, but they remove power rear sunshade which I want and had in option package 2 and 3!?!?!In addition I get get sport-tuned suspension what I do not want but is Sport package so is obvious.

After deeper checking it looks like is not possible to fully configure lexus anymore. I can't buy is350 2011 with bi-xenon with AFS + power rear sunshade + heated & ventilated front seats but without sport-tuned suspension :( Also prices are higher base price for 2011 is $38,570, for 2010 was $37,595, $975 usd for really light changes... ugly changes?.

I'm really dissapointed on Lexus and I think to not buy it. I live in europe so car will cost me ~50k usd + 50% of taxes, so about 75k usd(for 66k I can buy is250 here). I can't imagine that I can't customize car which will cost me ~50usd. and some "upgrades" make lexus to look more close to toyota corolla in europe (steering wheel and front bumper) :(

Also Lexus did some confusion in configs because on page: http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html there they said that bi-xenon is NOT AVAILABLE for IS350 RWD/AWD but they offer in Sport Package. Strange why bi-xenon is available as option in is250 RWD A/T but not in is250 RWD M/T??? Funny is that I can't order only bi-xenon with or without AFS for is350 as option.

IS350 2011 model is more expensive with less features.I do not like Lexus marketing tricks what lexus do now(offer higher packet but remove one thing for higher price).

I hope is any mistake on lexus page, I wish that is mistake because configurator not working properly yet(can't finish), if not then they lose 1 customer more. Is only my opinion, not any offense. Please give any feedback what You think about it.

Sorry for my english

b.r

Car MSRPs usually go up a little every year...and of course the model packaging is going to change from year to year...

See that you are in Poland...I have no idea how the packages there relate to ours in the US...

Is250 here is still 2009-2010 model so I can't ask dealer. Packages in europe (or Poland) are different of course, available 6 packages and last one is fully loaded.

Here not exists IS350, only IS250,is220d(diesel) and is-f. I asked lexus dealer why is350 is not available and he have no idea. I did price analize and figured out that price of is250 is now same than is350 in US, so if lexus will put is350 in Europe then will not sell too much cars(without make lover price of is250 which is not possible) because of 3 things:

1. price of is350 must be of course higher than is250 , so peoples will preffer "cheaper" german cars

2. in my country most cars are with 1.4-1.6 engine(gas) and 1.8-2.2 diesel.

3. A/T cars are not so popular here

is-f was probably an experiment and they make price what ppls cannot accept :) (my nearby lexus dealer offer 1 model on auction because cannot sell it)

Back to main topic. I checked internet for more info and some sources said that IS350 2011 will be with HID+led headlamps as standard and bi-xenon with AFS is discontinued. From official lexus page I can read that of course bi-xenon I cannot select in any package except Sport package(not F-Sport). So they discontinued but offer in sport package?

I found info what I missed before:

"IS 350 models feature standard HID headlamps with LED daytime running lamps and headlamp washers."

So it have HID instead bi-xenon, but that info is not in official PDF on lexus page,so no idea if is 100% correct info.Of course I'll ask US dealer but they reply slow :)

Thanks for response

b.r

Car MSRPs usually go up a little every year...and of course the model packaging is going to change from year to year...

See that you are in Poland...I have no idea how the packages there relate to ours in the US...

Thanks! is clear now :) I thought that it use halogen bulbs for low beam :)

b.r.

The HID and xenon headlights are the same thing. the "bi" as in, bi-xenon means that the HID headlights are low beam as well as high beam.