Front Pad Squeal.

Forgive me if I am wrong but I thought the service campaign for the brakes on the IS was on the 06-07 models only.

If I remember correctly it was for heavy brake dust.

Well my 09 IS350 has always had very bad brake dust but I acknowledged it to be the high performance brake system that the car theoretically has. This does not really bother me that much.

But now at 19k miles there is a loud squeal/shriek noise from the front pads while at very slow speeds immediately before the car comes to a stop. As in pulling into a parking space or backing out of one……if that gives you an idea of the speed. Happens when brakes are cold or hot. So at my 20k miles service today I asked them to check to see if the pads needed to be replaced. My service representative stated he has never seen front pads worn all the way down at this mileage but they will check anyway. So afterwards he states that the brake linings on all 4 corners are at 8mm. Which he stated is supposed to be very good. And then he told me that they would replace them with new pads free of charge because of a service campaign for the pads on the IS. But also stated they would cause a lot of brake dust. I told him I experience this anyway so it would not be a problem. Just the loud squeal scares people if I pull up behind someone while they are pumping gas. So I guess I am really rambling on and wondering if anyone else with a 2009 model has been given free pads for a similar situation? I’m not going to complain as the car is almost 2 years old and I will be getting free front pads. But I was just really under the impression that the problem was fixed before the 2009 model year.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2007 Lexus IS250 and my brakes squeal really loud. When I brought this to the dealerships attention I was told that would happen until the car warms up. But now I can drive my car all day long and my brakes squeal not matter what. I thought maybe my brakes were going bad but had them checked and they were fine. Im very disappointed though because its embarassing to pull up somewhere and your brakes squeal so loud that it attracts attention!

I have an 07. Although the campaign was for earlier models, dealers will replace the pads because there has been no change in the manufacturing of the car. I can tell you that I got my pads replaced with " non-squeak" pads at 20K, and continued to live with the dust, When I got new pads at about 60K, I opted for the low dust pads. I see no difference in performance, no squeaking and my wheels stay pretty much dust free for about 300 or more miles compared to 50 before. I used to clean the wheels literally every other day since I drive 500 miles a week and it was a pain. By an large all the issues on the earlier models, except for perhaps some safety issues like fuel rail replacement, remain in the new vehicles.

• 1 month later...

I purchased a 2010 IS350 Convertible. Surely it's a great car and very attrative. After seven thousand miles the car started to making some weird squealing noise and it can get worst day by day. I used to own a 2009 lexus IS250 seden and that car been great because I never have to bring it into to the dealer for any service. I drove it for 17,000 miles and trade it for a better engine car and also a convertible. AFter gettting this convertible IS350, it cause me so much problems. Been to the dealer more than 3 times for the same issued and they been replaced a lot of stuff to the car such as rotors and brake pads but problems is still there. SO weird and I'm getting impatient with the way lexus handle situation. Finally I got to corporate and they shedule an appointment with me and have my car out for another service. Well I told them that this will be the final blow and if the car brake didn't get resolve I have to use the california Lemon law. Lexus is awesome but my Car is defective because one of my buddy has the same car but his brake never makes any sound and he been driving it more than 15,000 already. So I hope Lexus can get their act together on this.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

so i've been having the exact same problem with mine, and called the dealership to let them know. they said that they will do a diagnostic on my car and see what's going on. the guy said he has not encountered that problem at their shop. i have to pay for diagnostic and if they find something wrong with the brakes, i have to pay out of my pocket.

@NicLX470 - how did you get it for free from the dealership?

need some advice.