2000 Rx300 Ecu Location

tofu

Does anyone has a picture to show the location of the ECU for 2000 RX300?

I need to remove the ECU so locksmith can program my new key, I only got valet key and it would save me $60 if I remove the ECU myself.

Thanx.

I need to remove the ECU so locksmith can program my new key, I only got valet key and it would save me $60 if I remove the ECU myself.

Thanx.

I have a document that will point out the location of the ECU. You will need to PM your email address so I can send it--too large for this forum. However, it is not necessary to disconnect the ECU to reprogram the key. There was a post recently that detailed the procedure at this link: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=66254

I needed an extra key last year. I ordered a cut key by serial number from a Lexus dealer (they need proof of ownership). I used the attached instructions with no problem what-so-ever to program the remote key. Good luck!

Program Lexus Remote Key.pdf

Thanx.

I have a document that will point out the location of the ECU. You will need to PM your email address so I can send it--too large for this forum. However, it is not necessary to disconnect the ECU to reprogram the key. There was a post recently that detailed the procedure at this link: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=66254

I needed an extra key last year. I ordered a cut key by serial number from a Lexus dealer (they need proof of ownership). I used the attached instructions with no problem what-so-ever to program the remote key. Good luck!

I just PM you my email. I was told that if I only have valet key then they will need to re-flash the ECU. My car is 2000 RX300. Thank you very much.

• 2 years later...

Thanx.

I have a document that will point out the location of the ECU. You will need to PM your email address so I can send it--too large for this forum. However, it is not necessary to disconnect the ECU to reprogram the key. There was a post recently that detailed the procedure at this link: http://lowpricekeys.com. I had my RX300 ECU reflashed and higly recommends the service.