How To Adjust Auto-Leveling Projectors? Also, Question About Fog Light

Mr RX 330

The illumination from my headlights doesn't extend very far in front of my RX. It only seems to light up about 10 feet in front of me, which is pretty terrible. I have the auto-leveling projectors, so I'm not sure how to adjust them. Can they be adjusted the same way regular headlights are, or do they have to be electronically adjusted some how?

Also, an indicator light randomly lights up, on the left side just beside the tach.. it's an orange light, and I think is the fog lights indicator. Since I don't have the manual, I'm not sure what this indicator light is for, and why it keeps turning on and off... is it indicating that the bulbs are blown, or that there's an issue with them? The fogs don't turn on, at least.. I don't think they do. If they're turned on by the headlights switch on the steering column, then no they don't turn on.

If anyone could help me figure these things out I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers :)

nevermind... found the online manual, the indicator light is indicating there's an issue with the auto-leveling system. great. potential problem with one or more of the 4, yes FOUR separate height sensors, each costing over $300.

Most likely the sensors just need a cleaning. They can be easily removed and opened up to be cleaned. Some of the contacts are probably dirty. <_<

The sensors aren't very complex. I'm not sure how they could ever be damaged beyond cleaning. When you open them up you'll see how simple they are. Just a few springs and some metal tabs.

Most likely the sensors just need a cleaning. They can be easily removed and opened up to be cleaned. Some of the contacts are probably dirty. <_<

The sensors aren't very complex. I'm not sure how they could ever be damaged beyond cleaning. When you open them up you'll see how simple they are. Just a few springs and some metal tabs.

Alright, I'll see what the shop says. If they come back and tell me one or more need replacing, I'll have a look myself and see what I can do.

Thanks for the info