Iphone Compatibility Issues

mdfreas

Just purchased a 250h on Sunday and I'm loving it. However I have one major disapointement... Does anyone know why the iPhone is not compatible with the USB functionality? My iPhone works through Bluetooth, but I'm not able to play the iPod through the navigation and the manual says they are not compatible. Is there any way around this?

Just wanted to add one thing... I have the navigation system. Not sure if that matters in terms of compatibility.

Just purchased a 250h on Sunday and I'm loving it. However I have one major disapointement... Does anyone know why the iPhone is not compatible with the USB functionality? My iPhone works through Bluetooth, but I'm not able to play the iPod through the navigation and the manual says they are not compatible. Is there any way around this?

I just tested my iPhone with the USB input at it works fine. There was some sort of warning message on the iPhone indicating this accessory you may not be fully functional, however, it did not appear to actually have any impact on the ability to control the phone through the car. If it is not working at all for you, I might suggest trying a different USB iPod cable.

I'm not sure what was going on this morning when I was getting music from my

iPhone. When I try it now all of the playlist and artist information and

show up on the navigation screen, however, I can't get any sound to come out

and the on screen controls have no effect. It may have been that I was

actually getting Bluetooth music streaming this morning, even though the on

screen function was set to USB. I am sorry to have gotten your hopes up. It

seems insane that the car won't work with the iPhone. The Bluetooth

streaming, however, works pretty well. But I prefer using my iPod classic.

I just tested my iPhone with the USB input at it works fine. There was some sort of warning message on the iPhone indicating this accessory you may not be fully functional, however, it did not appear to actually have any impact on the ability to control the phone through the car. If it is not working at all for you, I might suggest trying a different USB iPod cable.

Thanks for the quick response! Do you have the navigation system?