Changed Alternator And Power Steering Pump

la300zxtt

I changed power steering pump, alternator, and battery. Now NOTHING works, it will crank right up but no lights inside or out. Press the brakes no brake lights also. Also, won't shift out of park either. I don't know what to do. Please any help is greatly appreciated. I am new to this forum and I am trying to fix my mother in law's car. The alternator and battery are in perfect working order too. Sorry all the run on sentences and no grammar but I am in a hurry. Thank you for any help on this subject.

I changed power steering pump, alternator, and battery. Now NOTHING works, it will crank right up but no lights inside or out. Press the brakes no brake lights also. Also, won't shift out of park either. I don't know what to do. Please any help is greatly appreciated. I am new to this forum and I am trying to fix my mother in law's car. The alternator and battery are in perfect working order too. Sorry all the run on sentences and no grammar but I am in a hurry. Thank you for any help on this subject.

It cranks right up? Does the engine actually run? Or the starter just cranks but engine wont run? Need clarification.

Sounds like a wire(or connector) that did not get hooked back up. Fusible link maybe. Check your wiring harness from the alternator to the battery.

Did you remove the negative lead to the battery before you started unbolting the alternator? If a wrench on the charge wire of the alternator hit any bare metal it would surely spark and then hopefully blow the Alt link. I say hopefully because if that link didn't blow you'd probably melt the wiring harness and have an ugly and costly repair on your hands...

I think because the system is 12VDC people are lulled into a false sense of safety. A car battery can deliver 500+ Amps of current. That's a lot. You can do a lot of welding with 500 Amps....

cranks up and runs. getting 12.12 volts with car running.

The battery is not being charged properly with your new alternator probably because a wire is off or blown from the alt.

Take a look at this recent thread for new ideas of what to check -> http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=66023

Is the charge warning indicator lighted on your instrument panel?