Protective Plastic Undercarriage (Skid Plate) Issue

Has anyone heard of or experienced problems with the protective plastic undercarriage (skid plate) tearing away from the screws at high speed (prolonged speed @ 70-75 mph)?

I had my oil changed about two weeks ago and drove from Charlotte to Wilmington, NC this past weekend. About half way there I heard a quick loud noise under my car and looked into my rear view mirror but did not see that I had run over anything but did not see anything. When we arrived in Wilmington we stopped at the grocery store, when I began backing out of my parking spot I heard something dragging the ground and got out to see what it was. It was the protective plastic undercarriage (skid plate)that gets removed to change the oil or do any other work under the vehicle. I'm wondering if the technician forgot to tighten the screws and the wind eventually pulled the piece down far enough to where it caught on something from the road and bent it backwards?

Nope, it's not a common issue in my book. Perhaps the plastic was already brittle/worn at the mountpoints. When someone forgets the screws, I imagine the aerodynamics do the rest.

Perhaps have a look at the leftover skidplate mountpoints. They might give a clue on possible forgotten screws or worn material. A new one isn't that expensive btw.