Spark Plugs Removal On 93 Gs300

Can anyone tell me how I can remove the spark plugs that are under the intake manifold on my 93 gs300 without having to remove the intake manifold itself? It looks like there just is'nt enough room to pull those plugs up and out from under the manifold. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :(

Can anyone tell me how I can remove the spark plugs that are under the intake manifold on my 93 gs300 without having to remove the intake manifold itself?

Can't be done as I recall.

Copy & paste:

Just remove the air intake box. then remove the throttle body , which should consist of two connectors and two coolant hoses and the throttle plate cable. all very easily accessible. once you have the cable, connectors and coolant hoses dissconnected, there is one nut at the bottom of the throttle body and two long screws at the top. slide the throttle body of the rod at the bottom. then remove the three bolt that hold on the big rubber gasket. now disconnect the three coils (which the little clips will break, but dont worry. after removing the wires and coil IMPORTANT!!! blow out all the debris in the alley due to it might fall in the engine while removing the spark plugs. perform service and dont worry if you mix up the coils it wont matter. just make sure the the wire go in the rght spots. then assemble together.

Can anyone tell me how I can remove the spark plugs that are under the intake manifold on my 93 gs300 without having to remove the intake manifold itself?

Can't be done as I recall.

Cop & paste:

Just remove the air intake box. then remove the throttle body , which should consist of two connectors and two coolant hoses and the throttle plate cable. all very easily accessible. once you have the cable, connectors and coolant hoses dissconnected, there is one nut at the bottom of the throttle body and two long screws at the top. slide the throttle body of the rod at the bottom. then remove the three bolt that hold on the big rubber gasket. now disconnect the three coils (which the little clips will break, but dont worry. after removing the wires and coil IMPORTANT!!! blow out all the debris in the alley due to it might fall in the engine while removing the spark plugs. perform service and dont worry if you mix up the coils it wont matter. just make sure the the wire go in the rght spots. then assemble together.

Thanks intakergs for your prompt and descriptive response. I am going to try to follow your instructions and see if I can get this done myself. I really appreciate your help for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

there are a lot of online instructions on this as well. pm me if you would like the link also as i can send you parts of the repair manual for that specific job. its a pdf file

can you send me the pdf file? also can you send me something on changing the value cover gaskets?

• 2 months later...