Ipod Integration Placement

Hello,

Does anyone have some good advice on where to put your ipod cable after connecting the ipod integration kit into the 2006 gs300? I was thinking the glove compartment but it is all sealed off.

Any pics of the ipod placement would be awesome!

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Spirit5281

Hello,

Does anyone have some good advice on where to put your ipod cable after connecting the ipod integration kit into the 2006 gs300? I was thinking the glove compartment but it is all sealed off.

Spirit5281

I put mine where the owners manual was. I used an old butter knife and heated it red hot on the stove and melted a small notch in the inside of the opening. I cut a piece of Masonite to friction fit the opening and covered it with black felt. When you open the glove compartment, it looks the same, only the manual is not there.

Hello,

Spirit5281

I put mine where the owners manual was. I used an old butter knife and heated it red hot on the stove and melted a small notch in the inside of the opening. I cut a piece of Masonite to friction fit the opening and covered it with black felt. When you open the glove compartment, it looks the same, only the manual is not there.

Thanks for the tip boB. It sounds like you get a very professional look with your method but I don't know if I can trust myself to do what you did. From all my searching so far, there doesn't seem to be a universally agreed place to store your ipod without creating an opening yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought an attachemnt on ebay to hold my i-touck/iphone. I like it and its easy to get to/operate

Hello,

Spirit5281

post-90840-128398702317_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...