Lx470 Power Mirror Switch

subconst

I am having problems with my power side mirrors working, I am having the same problem in both side mirrors, both will go up and down, but not side to side. My guess is that the switch has dirty contacts, how do you remove the switch without causing damage to the dash board?

• 4 weeks later...

I am having problems with my power side mirrors working, I am having the same problem in both side mirrors, both will go up and down, but not side to side. My guess is that the switch has dirty contacts, how do you remove the switch without causing damage to the dash board?

Before you mess with the "dirty switch", put the left/right switch in the middle position. Then use the "fold in fold back" mirror switch to the right of the left/right switch to cause the mirrors to fold to the side of the car. It is possible the mirrors need to be "re-set".

After you have folded the mirrors to the side of the car with the switch a couple of times, then try to see if you can now adjust the mirrors properly. If someone has tried to move your mirrors by hand from the outside of the car, your mirrors may need to be "re-set" using the fold back switch.

• 4 weeks later...

Before you mess with the "dirty switch", put the left/right switch in the middle position. Then use the "fold in fold back" mirror switch to the right of the left/right switch to cause the mirrors to fold to the side of the car. It is possible the mirrors need to be "re-set".

After you have folded the mirrors to the side of the car with the switch a couple of times, then try to see if you can now adjust the mirrors properly. If someone has tried to move your mirrors by hand from the outside of the car, your mirrors may need to be "re-set" using the fold back switch.

Thanks exactly what happened to my passenger side mirror. I will try this method. Thanks for posting.

• 8 years later...

I have had that same problem I remove the switch by simply prying it up with a plastic pry bar made for this kind of work or any sharp plastic object  will do the trick ..after I unplug the switch I spray CRC contact electric cleaner pop it in and Boom it start working back, lasted for about 6 month ..then again it stop working. a new switch cost about $195.00.

I gogle and find a new switch from E bay I took a chance and buy the switch ..was schepital it was coming from Dubai For $125.00 it arrived in less than 5 days fedex.

pop the new switch in and boom it start working again... concolusion bad switch the circuit bord in the switch  was bad . I kept the old switch just in case the light in the new switch goes bad I have extra replacement bulb in the old switch I can replace.