Voice Commands

I just bought my GS 350 and I am frustrated by the voice commands feature. I previously owned an Infiniti G37 and I loved the voice feature because there was a list of commands in the owners manual and I simply memorized the ones I wanted to use frequently and then said a few words while driving to use the features I needed. With the Lexus, it seems I have to take my hands off the wheel all the time to use the touch screen or go through endless voice commands to get what I want. For example-to make a phone call hands free, I press the voice button, say phone, and then the car prompts me to say a command "like dial by number, dial by name, etc, etc. Then after I listen to all the examples, I have to wait for the beep before I can say the command I want even though I am smart enough to remember it and dont need to hear the list every stinking time.

Isnt there a way to by pass all those words and just say dial home or something like that? Help!

On my GX you can change it so you hold the speak button it beeps and you say what you want dial by name or temp 74, etc...I assume it is the same so here you go!

GO to Settings.

Scroll down to Voice Recognition and select OFF.

That should make it so you don't have to listen to all of the commands each time.

:cheers:

On my GX you can change it so you hold the speak button it beeps and you say what you want dial by name or temp 74, etc...I assume it is the same so here you go!

GO to Settings.

Scroll down to Voice Recognition and select OFF.

That should make it so you don't have to listen to all of the commands each time.

:cheers:

Thank you very much-it worked. Appreciate the tip!

Thank you very much-it worked. Appreciate the tip!

No problem... I started to go crazy too... Phone...Dial By Name...Wifey...Mobile...Dial...ERR...by that time I could of pulled over and dialed the number.