Es 350 Navigation Voices - Boy Or Girl?

pj8708

I just got a 2010 ES with Nav. My Garmin offered a variety of voices to choose from such as a London english accent or an Australian accent etc., as well as different female voices or males voices. It looks like the Lexus Nav. only has the one female voice. Is that correct?

I just got a 2010 ES with Nav. My Garmin offered a variety of voices to choose from such as a London english accent or an Australian accent etc., as well as different female voices or males voices. It looks like the Lexus Nav. only has the one female voice. Is that correct?

Yea Paul but she is a hottie!

I know you would think that you could change the voice. :)

Yea Paul but she is a hottie!

I know you would think that you could change the voice. :)

Thanks for the quick info. I guess Miss Lexie and I will have to develop a "relationship"!?

Yeah, you will develop a relationship with the female voice alright--a "shut the f* up" kind of relationship. :-) I rate the voice recognition a low 2 out of 10. "Call Canton Cafe" (I pronouced it as Keh-Fay) resolves to "Call Thad"!! Retrying with "Call Canton Kef" calls the right number. So it doesn't know that "Cafe" is pronounced "Keh-Fay". It thinks it is pronounced "Kef". Also, if your address/phone book that you downloaded to the Nav has entries like "Dr. Joe Shmoe", good luck! It doesn't know that "Dr." is pronounced "doctor". Only way to resolve it is to rename the entry to "Doctor Joe Shmoe." Especially frustrating is when it GOT the number you said you wanted, and the final instruction it gives is, "Press the off-hook button or say Dial." So I say, "Dial", even imitating how she says it in terms of tone and inflexion. But 80% of the time, it replies, "Pardon? Press the off-hook button or...." Arrghh!! Sucks.

Yeah...voice recognition isn't great. Better than on our Prius...believe it or not.

I named the voice Lola ;)

I call her lexi baby! *BLEEP*es my wife off be use I always tell he'd that lexi baby gives me good directions

Yeah...voice recognition isn't great. Better than on our Prius...believe it or not.

I named the voice Lola ;)

I call her lexi baby! *BLEEP*es my wife off be use I always tell he'd that lexi baby gives me good directions

Given the lack of success I've had so far I might call "Lucy...you got some s'plainin to do!"

Ah yes, the $200 Garmin from Walmart vs the $5000 Lexus Navi System from Hell. See my post on page 5 dated April 4, 2010 for more differences.

Ah yes, the $200 Garmin from Walmart vs the $5000 Lexus Navi System from Hell. See my post on page 5 dated April 4, 2010 for more differences.

Easy solution...you should buy a non nav Lexus and put your $200.00 Garmin in it. I happen to like the Lexus Nav system fine...

Is this Inflation? On April 4, The Lexus Nav was $2500, the Walmart Garmin was $150!

Easy solution...you should buy a non nav Lexus and put your $200.00 Garmin in it. I happen to like the Lexus Nav system fine...

Not easy now that I am stuck with it! BTW, does your Lexus Nav system take you turn by turn to every destination you want it to. Mine doesn't. Does your Lexus Nav system zoom in and out as you enter and leave a city. Mine doesn't. Does your Lexus Nav system offer a 3D view. Mine doesn't. Does your Lexus Nav system show the current speed limit. Mine doesn't. Can you update the maps in your Lexus Nav system monthly. I can't. And most importantly, can you enter data and points of interest in your Lexus Nav system while moving. Mine doesn't. If none of these matter to you, then I can see why the Lexus Nav system is fine for you. I kind of found those features useful.

Is this Inflation? On April 4, The Lexus Nav was $2500, the Walmart Garmin was $150!

I never was good with figures.

Not easy now that I am stuck with it! BTW, does your Lexus Nav system take you turn by turn to every destination you want it to. Mine doesn't. Does your Lexus Nav system zoom in and out as you enter and leave a city. Mine doesn't. Does your Lexus Nav system offer a 3D view. Mine doesn't. Does your Lexus Nav system show the current speed limit. Mine doesn't. Can you update the maps in your Lexus Nav system monthly. I can't. And most importantly, can you enter data and points of interest in your Lexus Nav system while moving. Mine doesn't. If none of these matter to you, then I can see why the Lexus Nav system is fine for you. I kind of found those features useful.

Guess you should have done a little research before you bought your car. The nav system is what it is.

Hi All,

I have 2009 ES with Nav. my wife has a 2009 Honda with nav. and voices are the same.

[/quot

I had heard on the radio sometime ago that the young lady who did the voice-over for Garmin was also the voice for other Brand Names. I think she did it for the original software developer. The Lexus voice sounds very familiar.

Paul