Driver Side Seat Not Working

kpan

I have a 98 ES300 and the computer programmed seat isnt working, someone said that he would need to plug the computer in to see what the problem is however he wanted to charge 130 dollars ...? does anyone know what the part is and im sure its just a plug n play quick fix... does anyone know? thanks

• 5 weeks later...

We really need more to go on. Is it just the seat memory that doesn't work, or do the normal seat switches not work as well?

Sorry for tagging along on the same thread. I am also in the similar situation. My 97 ES300 Driver Seat is not moving at all. No switches are working. No Forward Backward / tilt motion. No motor sound. My Mechanic wants pull out the whole seat to check the issue. Passenger Side works fine. Any easier way to diagnose ? Is this a common issue in ES300?

Thanks in advance.

We really need more to go on. Is it just the seat memory that doesn't work, or do the normal seat switches not work as well?

Sorry for tagging along on the same thread. I am also in the similar situation. My 97 ES300 Driver Seat is not moving at all. No switches are working. No Forward Backward / tilt motion. No motor sound. My Mechanic wants pull out the whole seat to check the issue. Passenger Side works fine. Any easier way to diagnose ? Is this a common issue in ES300?

Thanks in advance.

I'll try and further muddy the water. I know nothing about the ES300, but I did have a 330 and I just read through my manual for my 2010 ES350.

Have you checked for power in both of these situations. This may not apply to the ES300, but the 350 has a separate fuse for the seat memory and one for the seat adjustment power. The power fuse is in the engine compartment fuse box; the seat memory fuse is under the dash on the drivers side. AGAIN, I do not know if this is true for your year and model, but it sure would explain your problem. What I'm trying to say is check the power before someone rips out the seat. Please post what you find out.

Paul

lol paul, good guess you got it :P

the fuse should be the 30A power under the hood. as it's linked to the main fuse link block. BUT i'll mention that looking at the diagram for the wiring there is a lot running of the damn circuit. like GBH asked, are the motor's themselves are not working or are they?

if yes the seat motors move around, then its wiring somewhere in the button assembly. if not, the fuse is probably burnt like paul said. as it gives power to the entire seat motor + programming buttons etc... looking at the wiring diagram, it would be one or the other. not both, as the fuse cuts all the power off to both parts.

for the wiring: the input should come from the switch/ memory button area itself as a blue wire that has a white stripe. it goes directly to the buttons. the ground is a white wire with a black stripe runs through the motors and grounds itself under the left center pillar. the button controls splice off the imput so you should have 1 Y inside the connector - for the buttons and the motors. (4 motors in the drivers seat btw)