Engine Dies Immediately After Start

kyungsik

how are you guys doing ?

i am new to this forum and i have bought 94' lexus es300 recently

it's been sitting outside for couple months before i've bought it

the key is broken, the key blade is okay but that black thing with lexus label on it is broken

and i am noob to lexus, i start the car with just the key blade, it starts but dies immediately.

i researched and most of the common problems are caused by the carbons, we cleared out the carbons in the throttle body and such

it still dies immediately. i don't know what the problem is, can you guys help me with this?

oh and i heard car won't run for a long time without the microchip in the key, my microchip is broken, can this be the problem?

thank you guys!

K,

Welcome. I'm fairly new to lexi as well and also just bought a (troublesome) 94 es 300.

I got it w/ both remote lock key and a cut off aluminium one. Both start the car fine, so I doubt there's an electronic lock.

How long does it run? Does it show a chk eng light? How many miles.

Best to see if it's getting fuel and spark as first steps.

LL

A 94 es 300 will not have an immobilser key. The key will not be the issue. More than likely your idle air control valve is carboned up. This part is located under the throttle body and it is very common for these valves to carbon up. I would recommend replacing this if you can start the car, and the car will continue to run while your foot is on the gas. If the car runs with your foot on the gas, but dies immediately when letting off the gas replace the idle air control valve.

its probably what samatsaab had said. have you tried turning it on and repeatedly giving it gas for a little bit? if it stays on after doing that then it's most likely your idle air control valve needs to be cleaned and maybe even your MAF there's a youtube tutorial on how to clean your idle air control valve or iacv for toyota should look similar to your car under the hood. just follow it and try it and see if it helps.