Quiet Tires For Is250 Awd?

Anybody have any recommendations for a quiet all-season tire for an IS250 AWD? We have the original Bridgestone Potenzas on the car, with 15,000 miles on them, and the road noise is terrible. Consumer Reports rated the Michelin Primacy MXV4 the highest, but it doesn't come in the size we need. Thanks.

Tire Rack customer surveys are a good place to start: http://www.tirerack.com/ Their surveys are often based on millions of miles of driving and I tend to trust those a lot more than individual opinions. A cursory look showed at the surveys shows that the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity has a particularly good noise and ride rating. It's available in 225/45R17. It's a "Grand Touring All-Season" so you likely give up performance to get comfort -- but that is what I did when I recently switched from the Bridgestone summer ultra high performance RE750 to the Michelin "Grand Touring All-Season" MXV4 on my 00 LS400. The RE750's were a blast to drive on but they were noisier and wore out quickly.

Tire Rack customer surveys are a good place to start: http://www.tirerack.com/ Their surveys are often based on millions of miles of driving and I tend to trust those a lot more than individual opinions. A cursory look showed at the surveys shows that the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity has a particularly good noise and ride rating. It's available in 225/45R17. It's a "Grand Touring All-Season" so you likely give up performance to get comfort -- but that is what I did when I recently switched from the Bridgestone summer ultra high performance RE750 to the Michelin "Grand Touring All-Season" MXV4 on my 00 LS400. The RE750's were a blast to drive on but they were noisier and wore out quickly.

Thanks, Jim. I'll check that out.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I just picked up a 2010 IS 250 AWD a few weeks ago. Prior to buying I researched this site and discovered the OEM Bridgestone Potenza RE092s had pretty bad reviews....poor tread wear and noisy were the chief complaints. I researched it to death and ended up narrowing it down to the Primacy MXV4s or Primacy MXM4s (important they have to be Primacys not Pilots or anything else). Price point was basically the same and so was the reviews. I found out the MXV4s were being discontinued and I could not get my hands on any MXM4 as they were back ordered. I lucked out and found a set of MXV4s at Costco in Canada. I had the dealer switch them out and so far I'm pretty happy. I think they are a quieter tire and I know by the rating they will last alot longer

Good Luck with your search

Spine

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody have any recommendations for a quiet all-season tire for an IS250 AWD? We have the original Bridgestone Potenzas on the car, with 15,000 miles on them, and the road noise is terrible. Consumer Reports rated the Michelin Primacy MXV4 the highest, but it doesn't come in the size we need. Thanks.

Take a look at a set of Nitto INVO tires. They are classified as a Summer Tire, yet if you live in a warmer climate they are worth your consideration. I have had a very good experience with mine on my IS250 RWD. Extremely Quiet vs. OEM tires.

See posting in the Tire & Wheel Forum. Link to Post

:cheers:

• 1 month later...