New Owner

Hi all,

new owner of a 2008 RX350 (39k miles). certified. traded 1999 RX300 with 125k miles. was very sad to see that car go, but very excited for this new one.

I believe the next mileage interval of service is the 60K... anything I should look out for then?

Look out for dealers overcharging for services you don't really need. Stick to the required maintenance specified in the manual. At 60,000 it's just an oil/filter change, rotate tires, replace cabin and engine air filters, replace brake fluid, visually inspect brake pads, and a few other routine inspections.

Look out for dealers overcharging for services you don't really need. Stick to the required maintenance specified in the manual. At 60,000 it's just an oil/filter change, rotate tires, replace cabin and engine air filters, replace brake fluid, visually inspect brake pads, and a few other routine inspections.

If you're at 39K now, your next service should be at 40K (every 5K according to the manual). The 40K is very minor service, LOF, rotate tires, etc. Agree that you should always be wary of dealerships trying to sell you service that your car doesn't need.

thanks ya'll.

I'm usually pretty weary of such items, but my local lexus service has been very good to me over the years, and are probably a key reason why my rx300 was in such good running shape. the only time I deviated from them was when they recommended that i get new tires (3 years ago). they wanted $900. instead, i took it to NTB and got them for $600. however, my alignment was off since then...

IMO the CPO program is a joke. You're paying a huge premium for 3 more years of a warranty, on a car that already has more than a year of warranty left. And the "inspections" they talk about always check out OK anyways... You're better off buying a non CPO Lexus, and buying the warranty just as you're about to hit 50k miles (since the warranties begin when you buy them).