Loss Of Engine Power

Okay,

I have a '94 ES 300 and experiencing engine stalling or loss of power after car has been sitting over a course of lets say 10-12 hrs (overnight). The car starts perfectly fine no problems. I can drive down the road for about 1-2 miles and then there is a sudden loss of power. If I try to accelerate, the engine wants to stall. So, I will pull over and let it sit in an idle and then the car is back to running fine again. I have noticed there is a sudden drop in RPM and the check engine light comes on as well at the same time. However, the check engine light doesn't stay on long enough to read w/ ODBII. If I turn it off and start again the check engine light resets itself. Then can drive for about 10 - 15 min. then it happens again. I have a list of new items on the car as follows:

Spark Plugs (done last summer '09)

Valve cover gaskets

Tires

Flex pipe section on exhaust replaced

Brakes (front & rear) (pads & rotors)

Suspension (front & rear)

Radiator

Starter

Battery

Air Filter

Fuel Filter

Recently run 3 step fuel system cleaner (Run Rite)

1. gas tank

2. oil

3. throttle body injection

(sensors)

MAF

EGR

TPS

And also removed throttle body and have thoroughly cleaned

I also want to mention that the car idles fine(i.e. no shaking or hesitation) after it has been sitting all night. Have also checked at the fuel rail and the top of the engine is getting gas. Have also noticed that when I removed the gas tank cap after driving about 5 min. it has lots of pressure build up. Plus did the same thing but before I started it in the morning and the tank had almost little to no pressure relieved after removing the cap. The car doesn't overheat or seem to get noticeably bad gas mileage either(did not get exact mileage with trip).

I think I have covered about everything I can think of to help narrow down on the issue I am having. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MAK

• 4 weeks later...