2002 Es300 Factory Radio Replacement

All, I want to replace my malfunctioning factory radio with a replacement factory radio in my 2002 ES300. I know the disassembly and reassembly process. What I need to know is the process for "programming" the replacement unit I buy off of the web (ebay, etc.) so that it integrates with (passes) whatever security features are present. I have the Pioneer unit, not the Mark Levinson. I've looked at aftermarket replacement as well, but just want to look at all options. Thanks, any assistance is appreciated.

All, I want to replace my malfunctioning factory radio with a replacement factory radio in my 2002 ES300. I know the disassembly and reassembly process. What I need to know is the process for "programming" the replacement unit I buy off of the web (ebay, etc.) so that it integrates with (passes) whatever security features are present. I have the Pioneer unit, not the Mark Levinson. I've looked at aftermarket replacement as well, but just want to look at all options. Thanks, any assistance is appreciated.

I'll see if I have a replacement headunit.

You need the S/N for the car that the replacement came off of. Not everbody who bought these new programmed in the security features/code, but if they did the S/N is crucial when you go to the dealer and get them to tell you (cheap) or actually reprogram (expensive) the radio. It usually involves tapping a sequence of buttons, then inputting a set factory code obtained from the dealer w/ the SN. Good luck.

Lexis

I'll see if I have a replacement headunit.

Nope, 2002 ES Headunit has a protected "STATE" that it has to be set to prior to shipping and if you don't buy a brand new or dealer refurbished unit your chances of receiving a working headunit are 99% sure failure. If you buy a headunit off the bay you are likely going to purchase the problem you own already. I don't even touch these because of the failure rate.