17 Inch E-Sport Alloy Wheels - 2010 350 / Have You Seen

pj8708

I'm torn between the standard 17 inch five split-spoke alloy wheel that comes on the 2010 350 and the 17 inch E-Sport alloy wheel thats optional. The E-Sport is $1,250. I can't find a picture of a 350 with the sport wheels on it and the dealer does not have a car in stock with them on as well. If you have them on your car or have seen a 350 with them on I would welcome your opinion.

Thanks,

Paul

Are these the wire-wheel look E sport wheels? I'm not a fan personally. I think the car is too modern looking for a throwback type wheel like that, plus they would SUCK to clean...

I really like the wheels off the 2010 UL...

Are these the wire-wheel look E sport wheels? I'm not a fan personally. I think the car is too modern looking for a throwback type wheel like that, plus they would SUCK to clean...

The dealer is trying to talk me into taking the wheels that come on the 21010 ES and sending them off to be chromed. They have a demo in stock with them on and they don't look to bad. But, they also want $1900. for it!! It dosen't look that good.

The Liquid Grapite on the UL are very dark and I think run $2550., but I'm not sure on that.

Has anyone verified that there is now a $1,000. Golden Opportunity coupon avialable to dealers?

Paul

post-105258-128282864328_thumb.jpg

The dealer is trying to talk me into taking the wheels that come on the 21010 ES and sending them off to be chromed. They have a demo in stock with them on and they don't look to bad. But, they also want $1900. for it!! It dosen't look that good.

The Liquid Grapite on the UL are very dark and I think run $2550., but I'm not sure on that.

Has anyone verified that there is now a $1,000. Golden Opportunity coupon avialable to dealers?

Paul

Paul,

If its not too late, I'm attaching a photo of my E Sport wheels. Hope this helps.

Thank you Django44!! I think they look really nice, in fact I'm having them put on today. I went ahead on blind faith since your picture is the first time I have seen them ON an ES!! (Call me crazy).

S.W. brings up a good point. What do you use to clean them, and in fact are they difficult to keep clean?

Paul

Well I just know that I get a lot of brake dust on the wheels, and with the open spokes they are easy to clean, but with the small spokes they would be very hard to clean.

I would get a long handled boars hair wheel brush, you can buy them from www.griotsgarage.com

Paul,

Steve is right, the E Sport wheels do take some extra effort to keep clean but it is not an overwhelming job and when they are cleaned up they look great. I give them special attention every 2nd or 3rd washing. I've used a small 3-pronged brush but found that it still leaves some residue. I've picked up two (small and medium sized) foam paint brushes at Home Depot and will try them next. I'll let you know how they work.

Thank you for the input. I just got the car back from the dealer with the E-Sport wheels and I am really pleased with the look. I'm glad I spent the extra dollars. (I was able to get the wheels for $999 , down from $1250.) I can see where a soft rag and the foam paint brushes could work. I'll try to post a photo soon.

Thanks again fro your help.

Paul