05 330 Power Back Door Will Not Open With Key Button Or Inside Switch

BuddyTD

I have a 2005 RX 330. The power back door will not open by using the key button or inside switch. The door operates manually. I have checked fuse #50 (manual) and it appears good. In addition, I have just noticed that the lumbar air bag does not inflate when the rocker switch is toggled (could be coincidental). The electric seat works properly. I do not know of any other electrical issues that I might be having because everything else appears to be working.

I will admit that (another coincidence)I was reading the manual the other day (have had the car for almost three years) and found that I could lower all the windows by holding down one button on the key. It worked! Since I've done that, I find it interesting that I cannot activate my power back door with either the key or the the inside switch. Could I have screwed up the codes by activating the windows with the key?

I have fair knowledge of cars, and would need some direction from those who have more experience. Fuse #50 (power back door), under the driver's steering column was the only fuse that I checked....by following the manual.

Any suggestions why the lumbar switch would not activate (inflate or deflate) the bag? There is no noise when rocking the switch that would indicate anything was working. I have not checked fuse for this problem and don't know which fuse it would be.

Thanks so much,

My 04 that I had the lumbar motor went up. Had it replaced. I would check the fuses first. The key opening the windows should have nothing to do with the power gate. I used that feature all of the time. Try this for some reason my power gate would occasionally not open. While in the car key in either on or turned one click unlock all of your doors from the door switch. Then hold the power gate button. If it works then try your key. For some reason mine would not open with the key but after I did this it seemed to work fine. I assume you have manually opened and checked to make sure nothing is jamming it.

My 04 that I had the lumbar motor went up. Had it replaced. I would check the fuses first. The key opening the windows should have nothing to do with the power gate. I used that feature all of the time. Try this for some reason my power gate would occasionally not open. While in the car key in either on or turned one click unlock all of your doors from the door switch. Then hold the power gate button. If it works then try your key. For some reason mine would not open with the key but after I did this it seemed to work fine. I assume you have manually opened and checked to make sure nothing is jamming it.

Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion and it did not work. I manually opened the back door and read the factory caution sticker next to the power back door closer button pad. At the bottom of the caution label it said, PUSH THE POWER DOOR OFF SWITCH WHEN THE DOOR IS NOT IN USE.

I went to the manual which showed a small push button to the left of the glove box (showing only when the glove box is open). There is a graphic of the power back door and the button. I pushed the button and the door now operates with key and from inside. I believe I accidentally hit the button when going into the glove box. The button was small and, if you try to search for it without a flash light (especially in a dark garage), you may never see it.

Thanks again for taking your time to respond.

• 6 years later...