Headlight Auto Off Stopped Working (94 Es300)

halo1982

So yeah...the topic says it all...when I turn the car off, the headlights stay on. They used to go off when I took the key out (or it might have been when I open the doors, I can't remember). This has been going on for a couple of months, and I've gotten used to it, but still I wanna keep everything on the car working. I'm guessing its just some relay or something simple, but do any of you have any suggestions? I haven't been able to find anything using search...please help =)

1994 ES300

when i open the door the roof lights stay on, and go out when i close the door. the dash light that says the headlights are on (the little green light) stays on though when the car is off and locked up.

the only thing out of the ordinary is the head lights stay on when the car is off.

any one of the switches being bad would mean the light on the roof would always be on also

so that probably isn;t likely

you probably need to change the relay for it

but i doubt it is worth the money compared to just turning it off manually

i always thought the relays were those little boxes under the hood...(fuse/relay box) and pretty easy to get to...thats what I thought it would be, and i have a salvage yard that will let me pick through some odf their old ESs....but which relay is it? on my nissan they were all labeled, this car has none.