Front Passenger Trim Bezel?

Any idea where i could find the front passenger side trim bezel for a 98 3s 300? I broke the retaining clip when cleaning the window switch and recently broke the plastic tabs where the switch and lock are at so the whole thing falls off the bezel into the door.

Heres a pic of what part i need:

Ive already googled and looked on ebay but obviously havent had any luck, just need a little help getting pointed in the right direction.

Thanks!

post-92204-128210178511_thumb.jpg

I've fixed quite a few of these over the years on a lot of different cars. Its pretty common.

The cheapest fix is to repair the existing wood grain applique. Go to an auto paint shop and get some double-sided sticky tape that they use for fastening emblems and body mouldings onto the side of fenders, etc. The good stuff that they use will almost never come off if the proper surface prep is done before.

Sometimes after you dismantle the switch from the applique (or whatever you want to call it)you can epoxy glue the broken pieces back on to it. If possible, just be sure to scuff up the plastic bits where the glue goes (to give it a good grip)and use lots of 5 minute epoxy around the fitting to beef up its structure. Let it set overnight before reinstalling. Obviously you have to remove the door panel from the door to do this.

If the clip structures are too far gone, it may be possible to epoxy glue the applique right to the door panel. (If the panel ever needs to come off for internal door repairs in the future, you'd have to pull the door panel from the door and slide it up far enough, to allow getting in behind it to disconnect the window and lock switch wiring connectors.)

If you are not turned off by this suggestion, I've even seen where people have drilled a small hole through the applique and into the door panel front and rear of the applique, and fastened it down with either black or chromed automotive trim screws. Recently, I saw where one guy used some brown paint to disguise the screws further.

Or you could buy a new one from the dealer or try to locate one from an auto wrecker. Good Luck!

I've fixed quite a few of these over the years on a lot of different cars. Its pretty common.

The cheapest fix is to repair the existing wood grain applique. Go to an auto paint shop and get some double-sided sticky tape that they use for fastening emblems and body mouldings onto the side of fenders, etc. The good stuff that they use will almost never come off if the proper surface prep is done before.

Sometimes after you dismantle the switch from the applique (or whatever you want to call it)you can epoxy glue the broken pieces back on to it. If possible, just be sure to scuff up the plastic bits where the glue goes (to give it a good grip)and use lots of 5 minute epoxy around the fitting to beef up its structure. Let it set overnight before reinstalling. Obviously you have to remove the door panel from the door to do this.

If the clip structures are too far gone, it may be possible to epoxy glue the applique right to the door panel. (If the panel ever needs to come off for internal door repairs in the future, you'd have to pull the door panel from the door and slide it up far enough, to allow getting in behind it to disconnect the window and lock switch wiring connectors.)

If you are not turned off by this suggestion, I've even seen where people have drilled a small hole through the applique and into the door panel front and rear of the applique, and fastened it down with either black or chromed automotive trim screws. Recently, I saw where one guy used some brown paint to disguise the screws further.

Or you could buy a new one from the dealer or try to locate one from an auto wrecker. Good Luck!

Thanks man, I figured id have to end up doing that anyways unless i could find one online.

Thanks again for the tips!

If I am looking at the correct part (part number 74230-33010) in a diagram on http://www.toyodiy.com (see attached), you can get a new one from Sewell Lexus in Texas ( http://lexus.sewellparts.com/ ) for $145.75 after registering with them using your Lexus Owners Club member name or a member name from another Lexus forum.

Other parts websites may give you a slightly lower price but Sewell gets my vote with their usually lower shipping costs and rock solid reliability. I am particularly uncomfortable with Parts.com's "we're not responsible for our vendors" disclaimer.

post-2157-128239522073_thumb.jpg

If I am looking at the correct part (part number 74230-33010) in a diagram on http://www.toyodiy.com (see attached), you can get a new one from Sewell Lexus in Texas ( http://lexus.sewellparts.com/ ) for $145.75 after registering with them using your Lexus Owners Club member name or a member name from another Lexus forum.

Other parts websites may give you a slightly lower price but Sewell gets my vote with their usually lower shipping costs and rock solid reliability. I am particularly uncomfortable with Parts.com's "we're not responsible for our vendors" disclaimer.

145 is a little too much to spend on a 98, but thanks thats exactly what I was looking for just wish it was a little cheaper.

145 is a little too much to spend on a 98, but thanks thats exactly what I was looking for just wish it was a little cheaper.

U pull it junk yard. Probably 5 bucks. Not too hard to take it off. More expensive if you get it off ebay but probably less than $145.

Lexis