Engine Might Be Cooked

BLKes250

My daughter overheated the 91 es250. When I went to check it out the next day, I put some water in it and it started right up but felt a little sluggish. Drove approximately 3mi on the highway 55mph and the engine clunked and stopped. The temp gage was normal. Had it towed to a dealer and they say it is seized up. Brought it home and sure enough, I cant turn the crank with a breaker bar. I partially removed the timing cover and it looks like the belt is ok. Its a 2.5l V-6. Ive been driving the car daily for the past 2 years and no hint of any overheating or mechanical problems. Body and interior are in great shape, so I am considering an engine swap which I will probably do myself. Found a 2.0l 91 Camry V6 that I was told will fit. Any thoughts or advice??

We lost the engine on our '95 ES300, and had the engine swapped out for a different long block (we used our same injection system and all)... the car was like new when done and we sold it for a premium when we were ready to let it go. I've seen Camrys with ES engines, and vice-versa. They are pretty interchangeable. Just find a good one and you'll be back on the road in no time!