Big Electrical Problems After Acident.

First off im from sweden and my written english isnt the best.

After my car where in a collison (front right side) the electrical system in the car dosnt work anymore. First thing that happend was that when pluging in the battery the turn signal indicators lighted up but no other electrical components works.

A couple off months later i reconected the battery once again and this time the key indicator led startet flashing (on the left side off the stering colum) but still no other electrical components work (not even the turn signals)

Before the acident the battery lost its charging and both off my keys stopped working (only the transmitor bit off the keys, not the manual opening off the doors and trunk or starting)

The car is a -00 GS 300

It's a bit difficult to pinpoint a cause, as there's no clear picture on the type of damage or intrusion in engine compartment (if any).

It's unclear to me if the car still starts or not? Obviously, there must be some sort of electrical short. Did you check:

- cut or damaged electrical wiring / connectors / harnesses etc

- is there an aftermarker alarm involved (mine is located at right frontbumper)

- are your fuses intact?

No cuts or damaged wiring in the area of collision and there has been no intrusion in the engine compartment more than the smashed front part off the fender.

The car doesnt start att all, nor is there any other electrical components working exept for the red key warning LED that is flashing.

There is only the original alarm/imobilizer instaled in the car.

All off the fuses are intact.

Tried asking around in sweden, but there are not that many owners off our cars in sweden that doo the maintaince themself, therefore i sent my question over the atlantic ocean were there are more knowledge :)

Can I assume the 'red key warning LED' is the the status led for the alarm/immobilizer system?

Just to rule out;

when your car is equipped with the lexus alarm system (the one that 'honks'), it will be often partly installed inside your front bumper (right side). If this unit or wiring is damaged, you will have no power or erratic electrical behaviour. There's a cable connected from this unit to the ECU.

I suggest you remove the engine protectionshield under the car, then you should be able to check this unit & wiring, that is, if you have one.

Last but not least, make sure your battery isn't shorted, perhaps try a new one if you didn't already.