Breaks On 2008

incanada

Hello everyone,

Just bought 2008 GX470. Love this truck. Best truck I had. Love the way it drives and feels.

Only issue I have so far is a bit of a noise when I press break pedal. Is it normal?

Breaks don’t fail. Only it makes "psss" sound in the first couple of seconds when press break pedal.

Also when I take a foot of a break sometimes breaks do not release smoothly. It has a little bit of a knock.

What can it be? Shall I go to local dealer or is it normal? Truck passed safety and no problems were found

Thanks in advance

Would appreciate your opinion.

Hello everyone,

Just bought 2008 GX470. Love this truck. Best truck I had. Love the way it drives and feels.

Only issue I have so far is a bit of a noise when I press break pedal. Is it normal?

Breaks don’t fail. Only it makes "psss" sound in the first couple of seconds when press break pedal.

Also when I take a foot of a break sometimes breaks do not release smoothly. It has a little bit of a knock.

What can it be? Shall I go to local dealer or is it normal? Truck passed safety and no problems were found

Thanks in advance

Would appreciate your opinion.

Yes that is normal for this vehicle. The "psssss" sound is normal, the Toyota 4Runner actually has it too (My 4Runner has it, and I've test driven a new one and they still do it). As far as the knock you are asking about, when does the knock exactly happen? When you first step on it? When you release it? When the car is slowing down?