2003 Es, Vsc And Trac Control Lights Stay On, How Do I Turn Off

Does anyone know how to turn the trac control and VSC lights off in a 2003 ES? I changed the alternator and battery and now the light comes on as soon as the car moves either in reverse or drive. There isn't a CEL light on and there are no codes according to my code reader. When I start the car the lights come on and go out normally, when I go in reverse or drive they come on and stay on.I've disconnected the battery and that didnt work, I've checked for disconnected hoses and I can't find anything. I want to avoid the dealership if possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

The only thread I've seen on how to reset the VSC on an 01+ Lexus was for an LS430: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55589

Jainla said in another thread that he used a paperclip to jump the two pins.

I don't know if the LS430 VSC reset procedure is the same for your ES. On some older Lexus cars like my 00 LS the VSC reset procedure is completely different and easier and described in the owners manual.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who doesn't know how to turn the trac and VSC off if they stay on, well I figured it out. Theres an RX 3XX thread from a year ago that says to use a paper clip on the OBDII unit. Thats what I did, I took 2 paper clips and placed one in #4 and the other in #14 with the car in the on position (not started) then touched the clips together. I tried it a dozen times, It didnt work. Finally I started the car and touched the clips together and it worked! So the trick is to start the car!!