Afs Light Blimks

dmayhew

On a recent trip under full load, the AFS Off light blinked most of the way. Pushing the AFS off button had no affect. The owner's manual simply says to have it checked by my Lexus dealer. Is anyone familair with this problem?

Could be many things... most likely a bad leveling sensor. There is at least 1 (but could be 2) leveling sensors on the control arms of the car to tell the car if the car's got any weight in the back, there could be dirt or rust in either, which would cause the computer to give you that alert. The "AFS OFF" light not only warns you of an issue with the "turning" mechanisms but also the "auto-leveling" ones as well.

I would have the dealer check it out, and have them tell you what's wrong. If it's a sensor, you can remove it and clean it out. It may not need replacing, but just a good cleaning.

I have to ask, did the headlights still turn as they usually do when going around corners?