Lx470 Shocks

lx470_fella

does anyone know what 2 front shocks would cost to replace ...? parts and labour wise on a 2006 LX470? i had the rears replaced by the dealer due to one leaking a lot of oil before I purchased it. ride is pretty ordinary so the dealer replaced accumulators and still no dice .. the ride is still overly firm and the cabin rattles more than it should. any advice on whether the front shock change is going to help? the vehicle has done less that 50K. :chairshot:

• 3 months later...

does anyone know what 2 front shocks would cost to replace ...? parts and labour wise on a 2006 LX470? i had the rears replaced by the dealer due to one leaking a lot of oil before I purchased it. ride is pretty ordinary so the dealer replaced accumulators and still no dice .. the ride is still overly firm and the cabin rattles more than it should. any advice on whether the front shock change is going to help? the vehicle has done less that 50K. :chairshot:

We strongly suggest you test the AHC oil for contamination. mileage and age are too low/young for first accumulators to go out. See the attached 'water reaction test.' Shocks on the LX NEVER wear out. There is nothing but oil and a chrome rod in them. All the dampening is in the multi-position computer controlled valve in the steel casting to which the strut accumulators mount. The suspension travel is limited by gas remaining in each accumulator. When the 'shock' is compressed, the oil has to flow into that accumulator, otherwise no travel, no bump absorption. A leaking strut is highly unusual unless a) its accumulator is shot, or B) the AHC oil is badly contaminated and is eating up the seal (and others in the system)

AHC FLUID WATER REACTION TEST-rtf no photos.rtf

Clean-up Contaminated AHC system-rtf.rtf