Climate Control Won't Respond

I have a 2002 GS300 with Navigation. The Automatic climate controll buttons at the top of the Navigation screen don't work. Also, when I press the climate button on the Navigation screen the set cabin temperature and outside temperature aren't displayed and I can't use the manual overrides on the touch screen. In addition when I push the info button and then trip button there isn't any information displayed for miles drive and mpg.

• 3 months later...

Awesome!!! I bought my used 2001 GS300 a couple of months ago, despite the temperature numbers not showing or the buttons lighting up. Since the AC and heater still worked, I didn't care much...but now it works! Just unplug the battery for 15 minutes! It's like I now have a new car feature!

Did you try to reset the electronics by disconnecting the battery (+/-15 mins)?

Hi there Intaker,

One of those teachable moments if you would; Why do the instruments/relays get this way and why does disconnecting the power versus pulling the fuses work. I really appreciate your taking the time to explain.

See Ya,

Paul

Hi Paul,

The ECU stores learned engine- and driversettings in volatile- or temporary memory. Sometimes this memory gets corrupted, caused by 'interference' in the signal like electromagnetic fields, equipment transaction time-out errors, spikes in voltage, affecting the electronic circuits.

Theoretically, pulling the ECU fuse @ engine bay should do the trick. However, many topics describe people not being successful doing so and some settings (and errors) are still preserved, versus pulling the batterycable. Although it's considered a 'Q&D' method, one is sure that power to ALL electronics, circuits and equipment is lost, resulting in facory defaults or a hard-reset.

My dealer for example, just pulls the ECU itself, that makes you wonder..