1992 Sc400 - Time To Put Her To Bed

My 92 has finally reach the end of its life. Some suspension problems, instrumentation cluster lighting, climate control display issues, antenna going, rust starting, leather ripping, and finally the timing belt went... I'm holding back the tears (kidding!)

Now, I'm looking to buya 95 SC400 with 220,000km - Is this virtually the same car/engine? If so, I may keep my old one for the spare parts - you know... alternator, power steering pump, radiator, mass flow, headlight,setc etc ....

Let me know if the cars are similar enough and if its worth keeping the old one for spare stuff.... Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

My 92 has finally reach the end of its life. Some suspension problems, instrumentation cluster lighting, climate control display issues, antenna going, rust starting, leather ripping, and finally the timing belt went... I'm holding back the tears (kidding!)

Now, I'm looking to buya 95 SC400 with 220,000km - Is this virtually the same car/engine? If so, I may keep my old one for the spare parts - you know... alternator, power steering pump, radiator, mass flow, headlight,setc etc ....

Let me know if the cars are similar enough and if its worth keeping the old one for spare stuff.... Thanks

AppleJack, That's a BIG YES, let the part conversion begin.

Hey AppleJack;

how about looking at a mint 95 SC400 with 120,000km? mint. what are you thinking of paying?

Don

• 4 weeks later...

I have a request of you, AppleJack. My roomate and I just purchased a 92 SC400 that has definitely seen it's better days and are determined to bring it back to glory. The interior of this car is going to need extensive work as well as minor fixes as far as the engine goes. Our most pressing issue at the moment is finding interior parts without having to repair our wallets as well. We are looking for door panels and other miscellaneous parts for the interior. Are you going to be using the interior of your SC400?

• 4 weeks later...