Thinking Of Buying Lx470 - Help!

canlx470

Hey Guys,

I am new to the forum and new to the Lexus family. I am seriously considering buying a 2004 LX470 with about 150K kms on it (94K miles). Carfax shows that car has gone through regular maintenance for all its life at a Toyota dealership. I have to admit i am a bit concerned about 150K on the car, but the car looks very nice for the year and number of miles on it...

I need some help : Is there anything i should be asking the dealer or looking for in the car?

I've done some searching on the forum and it sounds like the big things are timing belt and water pump replacement, is that correct? anything else?

Thanks

Hey Guys,

I am new to the forum and new to the Lexus family. I am seriously considering buying a 2004 LX470 with about 150K kms on it (94K miles). Carfax shows that car has gone through regular maintenance for all its life at a Toyota dealership. I have to admit i am a bit concerned about 150K on the car, but the car looks very nice for the year and number of miles on it...

I need some help : Is there anything i should be asking the dealer or looking for in the car?

I've done some searching on the forum and it sounds like the big things are timing belt and water pump replacement, is that correct? anything else?

Thanks

I would say as long as all regular services have been done I would not worry about the miles to much. I just got rid of our 04 RX 330 with 93500 on it sold it to a family member and the RX still ran like the day I got it. It was a great car and gave us no problems at all. Before we got rid of it took it on a little mini vacation with the wife and kids about a 500 mile trip and was smooth sailing.