I Need To Change My Hatch Brake Lights On 99 Rx300

VBN

can somebody help guide me into changing my hatch brake lights- i purchased the buld 921 from Napa auto parts- i managed to remove the decorative frame around the top of hatch by forcing it out- but unable to remove the actual compartment- i am afraid to force it out and it is all plastic and may damage tha clips that hold it together- is there a way of just pulling it out so i can replace ghe bulb- pl adv- thanks

can somebody help guide me into changing my hatch brake lights- i purchased the buld 921 from Napa auto parts- i managed to remove the decorative frame around the top of hatch by forcing it out- but unable to remove the actual compartment- i am afraid to force it out and it is all plastic and may damage tha clips that hold it together- is there a way of just pulling it out so i can replace ghe bulb- pl adv- thanks

Please send an email address and I will forward the document that will help.

• 5 months later...

2nd reply

I ran across a video made by this guy...it includes;

1.) How to change your rear taillights and stop lights

2.) How to clean your Mass Airflow sensor

3.) How to change your rear hatchback stays/lifts

4.) How to change your marker lights

5.) How to change your back-up and break lights on the rear hatchback door

6.) How to change your license plate light

7.) How to change your dome lights

8.) How to change your air filter

9.) How to change your cabin air filter

10.) How to change your third break light

On a 2001 Lexus RX 300. I bought the video and it was well worth the $50 charged. I bought it to change my rear hatchback stays, the dealer wanted $570. After buying the video I did it for $50.75 plus the $50 for the video, so my total cost was $100.75. That alone saved me $469.25. Plus it saved me hundreds on changing my own lights. You got to get this video! it's really good. You can e-mail him at jyshark@nycap.rr.com

Also I bought the Haynes Repair Manual and this stuff isn't in their, plus it works on 1996 thru 2006 Toyota Highland; Lexus RX 300 and Lexus RX 330! Best Buy I've ever made. I used to be at the Lexus dealers mercy, but with this video I can tell those guys to go F**K themselves. I hope he comes out with a sequel to this video.

• 3 weeks later...

Please send an email address and I will forward the document that will help.

Get this guys video, It will walk you through the whole thing. He's got a lot of stuff on the video. It helped me out a lot. This is the link.