Hid Headlights

cooleric2000

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

blue . Blue car light bulbs always give me colorful :)

HUH? :blink:

Do you have an SC430 or not? If so, like 1990LS400 said you already have HID bulbs. In that case, find a replacement HID bulb with a higher kelvin rating. If you have an 02- 05 SC430 the size is D2S, if it's an 06- 11 SC430 it's size D4S.

I changed mine out to 6000k from the factory 4100k. Adds just a "tad" more blue/violet without it being obvious. 8000k is about the highest you can go if you plan on seeing anything at all at night. The higher the kelvin rating, the less "light" output. More blue=less intensity.

And stick with Philips or Osaram as the bulb company...

• 1 month later...

blue . Blue car light bulbs always give me colorful :)

I found this site and have ordered several sets of varying colors. I use the 6000k diamond white for the highest visibility and the brilliant blue for cruising. At these prices, I can afford several colors and a spare balast. http://www.hidoutlet.net/

• 1 month later...

getting HIDs are different from getting new headlights. if your headlights are all hazey then buy new headlights and you will get a slight improvement. but to get the best output get a new headlight with hids. and it will look new as the day you bought it