Windows Roll Down From Fob Key

taonemayvt

When I press and hold the "open key" sign on the FOB key, my ES350 2010 windows did not roll down. Does 2010 have this feature? Car sale guy said yes.

Thanks.

Yes, it does have that feature. Holding down the door unlock button for about 4-5 seconds should start the windows and sunroof to open. On the 330 models you had to continue holding down the button until the windows were all the way down. Not sure about the 350. Check your owners manual.

Paul

"No such feature on the 2010. Holding down lock will roll them up...but holding down unlock doesn't roll them down like it did on my '03."

That is too bad. My 2008 ES350 has it and that is one of my favorite features of the car; hit the button through my office window and by the tiem I get to the car it has cooled down.

"No such feature on the 2010. Holding down lock will roll them up...but holding down unlock doesn't roll them down like it did on my '03."

That is too bad. My 2008 ES350 has it and that is one of my favorite features of the car; hit the button through my office window and by the tiem I get to the car it has cooled down.

Please accept my apology! I feel terrible for giveing you bad information. I had just driven a 2010 an had leafed through the manual. Guess the speed reading I took in college is a little rusty. Thanks Steve for steping in.

Paul

At least it doesn't work on my car...odd an '08 would have it...

I'll try it again...

You know it didn't work on mine but I thought I remember reading it could be set up to work. Guess I will have to read some more! It sucks though I love that feature. My sister in law just got an es350 2008 it works on that car. I did it a couple of times to show them.

Its raining like hell out there today, so I'm going to wait until tomorrow to try it again ;)

I came up with this wording from the 2010 ES 350 brochure; "Remote-linked window and moonroof opening", listed under Standard Luxury Features. A little esoteric would'nt you agree. But, I'm going to go out on that usual limb and assume it means the old remote Fob windows down trick. What do you think Great Wiz?

Paul

It's on page 53 of the 2010 ES350 owners manual I'm looking at online. The "Wireless remote control linked operation" for both the windows and sunroof is "Off" by default. The windows and/or the sunroof can be set by a Lexus dealer to open wirelessly with the key.

The default used to be "On" for most/all Lexus models that had this feature. There have been numerous reports of people with "T.P.S." (Tight Pants Syndrome) inadvertently pressing the unlock/open button and opening their windows and sunroofs while their keys were in their pants pockets when they sat down in their homes after parking their cars outside while it was raining. People didn't like getting their car interiors wet. Maybe the "Obesity Movement" is affecting the way default settings are programmed at the factory.

The customizable features are set by Lexus dealers at no cost at the 1,000 mile service.

• Like 2

Yeah you would think...

I will let you know what they have to go through to activate this feature when I pick up my new 350. For what it's worth, and you know how valuable that will be, I will let the dealer know the amount of displeasure this feature has caused a lot of loyal Lexus customers so he will hopefully tell Lexus brass.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

In wadding through the dictionary size stack of manuals for my new love, I found this reference on pg. 38 of the 2010 ES "Owners Manual", not the navigation manual. Button 3 (unlock button on the wireless remote) "opens the windows and standard moonroof; push and hold" "(*this setting must be customized at your Lexus dealer)". If you miss that teeny-tiny asterick after the "Opens the window...." your in for a disapointment. It is easy to see why we're all a little confused.

I take my car in tommorow for a remote start install and I will see how hard it is for the tech to turn-on this feature.

Paul

• Like 1

• 6 years later...